Do you play...

Not routinely, maybe a couple times a year when the media hypes a large payout. I figure my odds of winning went way down when my neighbor won $36M back in the 90s.

I usually get two tickets when it reaches 75 million. I won 200 dollars once. Last year I was actually off by 1 number on all six numbers drawn, fate can have a cruel sense of humor, lol.... I don't play scratch offs or any of the pick 3 or 5 or whatever games.

I have a few times lately. Like most, it was a bust but I've won two free tickets and $50 thus so far. The odds of winning are astronomical but in the event that I did win the big one - I'd pay off whatever little debt I have and get AWAY from LD if the winnings were really big. Or I'd still work just for the sake of having something to do.

Reactions: Debi and ozentity
1611534887950.png

Back when my neighbor won, by buying the ticket you consented to the lottery commission using your name/likeness in their advertising. Within days he had people showing up at his house with hard luck stories and investment opportunities. He wound up installing a high dollar security system that was initially over sensitive, motion sensors would set off an alarm that would blow us out of bed in the middle of the night.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
Back when my neighbor won, by buying the ticket you consented to the lottery commission using your name/likeness in their advertising. Within days he had people showing up at his house with hard luck stories and investment opportunities. He wound up installing a high dollar security system that was initially over sensitive, motion sensors would set off an alarm that would blow us out of bed in the middle of the night.
You should have sent them a bill every time...lol

Reactions: Lynne
You should have sent them a bill every time...lol
The police threatened him with citations for any future false alarms. We had a few people come to our house after the neighbors quit answering their door, made Mrs Duke a little nervous. They still had people contacting them looking for money for a 2-3 years.