Do you play...

OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The police threatened him with citations for any future false alarms. We had a few people come to our house after the neighbors quit answering their door, made Mrs Duke a little nervous. They still had people contacting them looking for money for a 2-3 years.
That's the downside of winning. People pop out of the walls...lol

Reactions: ozentity and Duke

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
That's the downside of winning. People pop out of the walls...lol
I think they no longer publicize winners by name, or at least not without expressed permission. The guy did some things I thought were ill advised, but he was scared someone would kidnap his kids.

Reactions: ozentity
OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I think they no longer publicize winners by name, or at least not without expressed permission. The guy did some things I thought were ill advised, but he was scared someone would kidnap his kids.
I can understand the concern.

I think the most I've won is $200 on one ticket. And that was a scratch off of $2. Don't play a lot, but when it first came out in Florida, they front loaded a lot of tickets with $$$ to get people to play the scratch offs. People were buying them like hot cakes. Guilty as charged here. I don't play much at all anymore. The occasional ticket my son gets me has gone on hold since he is worried about it having the virus on it.

Lynne

Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I occasionally buy a scratch off ticket for fun or to put in a birthday card. I have never won more than 10 dollars.

ozentity

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I think it was the first lottery winner in Oz that ended very badly for the winner's son. Greed is certainly a deadly sin.

Reactions: Duke

Smile4dastrs

Reaction score
I have anxiety about the lottery an feel like it's a waste of time. but I do..gamble at the slot machines a few times a month, or play blackjack on my phone.