Do you like...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
SPICEY FOOD!!!

YES OR NO?

WHAT'S YOUR HEAT TOLERANCE LEVEL ON A SCALE OF 1 (MILD) TO 10 (BURNING UP!)

Reactions: Mokey
last night i had red beans and rice and fish sticks and i put Texas Pete hot sauce on it. some foods require a bit of hot sauce.

Reactions: Lynne and Mokey
I remember a thread almost exactly like this a bit over a year ago.

I had to come in and see Armand 's reply. Every year he updates on how his gut can't handle spicy food anymore yet keeps eating it. Only to suffer the consequences later.. or sooner, and all day. :laughing:

So what did I see? He is still at it! I agree though. Some things do require the caliente. ESPECIALLY red beans and rice!

As for my preference overall, within the last year I went from a spicy hot food lover, to not even being able to handle anything other than a dash of pepper. I very much dislike the tastes (or even hearing the names) of those same foods that I once loved.
Like a switch; overnight.

Every now and again I'll try a bite but everything is still always sooo hot I end up spitting it out! (I obviously am the epitome of an elegant, refined lady of society)
I can't even use my beloved Tapatío.

So ends the long, drawn out saga of my spicy food journey.

And yes... You know I'll still keep trying. Suffering blisters, several missing layers of peeling, flapping, crusty skin on my lips, a painful tongue unable to handle even water, third degree burns on the roof of my mouth. No matter to me. I'm not stubborn, I'm, hmm, competitive. Have to challenge yourself in this life. :cool:

:confused: Okay, I can't even convince myself of that gossamer wing covered attempt at true disclosure. :confused:

In other words: Flimsy Excuse

:flutterby

"Thus hath the candle singd the moath."

Well, I think I finally found my own personal thread. I won’t drone on much. Just wanted to say that I can appreciate what Armand, Charleh, and Mokey have already posted. I even have a possible paranormal twist on Mokey’s statement.

So for Armand, I agree many things deserve a dash of Tabasco sauce - I rarely season food after it is cooked but black pepper or tabasco are what I use when I do. And to Charleh, I like fresh (uncooked/unpickled) jalapeños as a condiment on many foods...to me it adds a floral note not just heat.

Related to Mokey’s point, I had a significant pallet change back around 2000. I was a big Chardonnay drinker. Suddenly one night I had a glass and nearly had to spit it out. My girlfriend tried a glass from the same bottle and said there was nothing wrong with it. I replaced it with a glass from a different bottle and even from a different winery. Still tasted awful. Later same week, same experience. Decided to try a different kind of wine even tasting a red instead of a white. All tasted foul. Several weeks later same thing. After many consecutive weeks of same failures, I thought back to the first occurrence and recognized that the timing roughly corresponded with when a friend of ours confirmed she was pregnant. I knew that she’d tried hard to get pregnant so I knew she would not be drinking during her pregnancy because of the risks to the baby. But I asked her about her sense of taste and she indicated that a few nights before she confirmed and then told us she was pregnant she tried to drink a glass of wine and the taste was horribly changed. Coincidentally, my taste for wine only returned a few weeks after she gave birth.

I don’t know for certain that our separate experiences are interrelated but the timing was very concurrent. I even tried wine intermittently and unsuccessfully for the six month period in between those times. So it leaves me wondering if, as an empath, if I might have actually experienced such a specific and even subtly nuanced psychic connection.

Last edited:
Love spicy food especially Indian. Curries don't have to be hot but I did have the hottest Indian dish in Edinburgh recently (I didn't know just how hot it would be), and it hurt. Waiter saw me struggling brought me a yogurt based drink, killed the fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
T
Well, I think I finally found my own personal thread. I won’t drone on much. Just wanted to say that I can appreciate what Armand, Charleh, and Mokey have already posted. I even have a possible paranormal twist on Mokey’s statement.

So for Armand, I agree many things deserve a dash of Tabasco sauce - I rarely season food after it is cooked but black pepper or tabasco are what I use when I do. And to Charleh, I like fresh (uncooked/unpickled) jalapeños as a condiment on many foods...to me it adds a floral note not just heat.

Related to Mokey’s point, I had a significant pallet change back around 2000. I was a big Chardonnay drinker. Suddenly one night I had a glass and nearly had to spit it out. My girlfriend tried a glass from the same bottle and said there was nothing wrong with it. I replaced it with a glass from a different bottle and even from a different winery. Still tasted awful. Later same week, same experience. Decided to try a different kind of wine even tasting a red instead of a white. All tasted foul. Several weeks later same thing. After many consecutive weeks of same failures, I thought back to the first occurrence and recognized that the timing roughly corresponded with when a friend of ours confirmed she was pregnant. I knew that she’d tried hard to get pregnant so I knew she would not be drinking during her pregnancy because of the risks to the baby. But I asked her about her sense of taste and she indicated that a few nights before she confirmed and then told us she was pregnant she tried to drink a glass of wine and the taste was horribly changed. Coincidentally, my taste for wine only returned a few weeks after she gave birth.

I don’t know for certain that our separate experiences are interrelated but the timing was very concurrent. I even tried wine intermittently and unsuccessfully for the six month period in between those times. So it leaves me wondering if, as an empath, if I might have actually experienced such a specific and even subtly nuanced psychic connection.
Thank god you didn’t expierence the birth :D ! Some type of spiritual entanglement there it sounds like. That’s really interesting tho!

I like spicy and a little hot. However with age it doesn’t always agree with the system. I like hot salsa on salty fresh tortilla chips. Add a margarita and it’s heaven.

T

Thank god you didn’t expierence the birth :D ! Some type of spiritual entanglement there it sounds like. That’s really interesting tho!

I've had the karmic pleasure of empathic-ally feeling menstrual cramps when I was 17. I don't look forward to feeling an actual birth.

Reactions: 7Critter and Mokey
I've had the karmic pleasure of empathic-ally feeling menstrual cramps when I was 17. I don't look forward to feeling an actual birth.
Wow ! Please stay away from the delivery area of the hospital. If you get entangled there you might have it more than once. No fun trust me !