Do you like to read? What genre?

I have dreamed about electronic books for most of my life. I even had a Frankland book reader long before the new readers. I have had nooks, kindles and now do most of my reading on a kindle fire. LOL, I have three my wife has one and my Grandbaby has hers at my house and one at her house. I also have kindle loaded on my cell phone. The big one, 10", is for reading magazines and online reading. The middle-sized 8" is my bed reader and the small 6" is a travel companion. I love to read at night and finally, my wife doesn't have to try and sleep with the light on. I read white on a black background to save on battery power and to limit the light exposure to my eyes.

PS: I am currently looking for another reader. The kindles are good readers as long as you are reading their books. I have thousands of e-books that I bought over the years and they just don't download to my kindles well. Any Ideas? the older kindles worked fine but the new ones are extremely proprietary.

Last edited:
This is a great question. I am planning on getting a lot of reading done in the next few weeks. I enjoy horror, mysteries, thrillers, fantasy...all kinds of books. I am getting ready to start A Hero Born by Jin Yong. I really enjoyed the Repairman Jack series by F. Paul Wilson. I have read several of the Inspector Chen novels by Qiu Xiaolong. JRR Tolkien is probably my all-time favorite, but my favorite series by an author currently writing is the Charlie Parker series by John Connolly.

I prefer ebooks--I find them easier to store and carry around, and I really like being able to make the fonts bigger if I need to, haha.

Well, Lynne, I used to like dystopian novels. I have now sworn off those! lol For pleasure, I enjoy Nora Roberts romance novels, spiritual based books, and mystical fantasy novels. And, of course, books about paranormal events.
I’m surprised you like the doomsday type books. I can’t read them. They cause me too much stress. I am a mystery reader but I like a good romance too. I have loads of spiritual and paranormal stuff too.

There was one dystopian sort of novel (I am not familiar with this genre) called "Alas Babylon" which I really enjoyed reading.

I’m surprised you like the doomsday type books. I can’t read them. They cause me too much stress. I am a mystery reader but I like a good romance too. I have loads of spiritual and paranormal stuff too.
The ones I read always had a spiritual part to them. Like Swan Song, The Stand, and some of Angela White's books. Even Nora Roberts has a recent series of them called Chronicles of the One. In the end, Light overcomes darkness, God wins.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Even Nora Roberts has a recent series of them called Chronicles of the One. In the end, Light overcomes darkness, God wins.
Hey, hey - post a spoiler alert will ya! I'm two whole Nora series behind and haven't gotten to that one yet.

Reactions: Lynne
Erik Larson is another good contemporary historian. Wrote The Devil in the White City about serial killer HH Holmes. A great World War 1 cat and mouse story of the sinking of the Lusitania. If you like submarine movies you would really dig this book.
He has a new one out about Winston Churchill's first few days as prime minister and through the blitz. 51+ID6sEpPL.jpg