Do you like to read? What genre?

I read almost anything. I read to relax and sleep so in a bind, in motel rooms, I've read the phone book. I love Sci-fi, both old and new, Thrillers, Cosy romantic mysteries, Paranormal books, light horror, a lot of nonfiction on several topics especially the paranormal, paleontology, anthropology and archeology.

non fiction all the way....kindle cloud reader on my laptop good question

Reactions: Paintman
I also enjoyed historical novels at one time, especially those by Michener and Uris. My two favorite novels of all time are both by Michener...."The Source" and "The Drifters."
I read "Hawaii" and "Alaska" by Michener.

I used to read so many text books and technical manuals that I didn’t have time for anything else. Plus neither of my parents were models for book reading - just newspapers, magazines, and occasionally Readers Digest.

But at age 34 I was visiting my Sister and BiL and got sick for most of my visit. So I locked myself away in a bedroom full time. Boredom set in and I asked for a lift to Barnes and Noble so I could find a book - complete “novel” idea for me. But it was literally hard to determine what I would read; I chose a Star Trek paperback only because I loved the show and the movies.

That did trigger a desire to read just a little bit more so I bought and read a few more Star Trek paperbacks.

Now I prefer Nora Roberts’ mystical trilogies and fast-paced thrillers like Dan Brown’s style.

I don’t own a Kindle and my iPad is too heavy to easily read with. So I enjoy the books.

Last edited:
Paper books made of glue & paper.
Histories and historical fiction. Dennis Lehane novels, baseball and golf have some great stories. They say the smaller the ball the better the writer.:)
For history's I always prefer the newspaperman as the writer. William Manchester and William Shirer. Eric Metaxas is a newer writer that has great histories and you can find his high brow TV show on YouTube.
Big fan of crime noir and novellas, and other short stories from Edgar Allan Poe to Stephen King.

Great conversation starter, Lynne.

Sci-fi, horror, paranormal, mystery, action, fiction..... the last couple of books I read were a sci- fi, scientific cross, ..older books, probably 10 years old each....one was titled " monster" by an author I think named frank peretti....the other was titled " the 6th extinction" , can't recall the author at the moment, but both were good books.... I don't do the E-book thing..gotta have real books...love going to the book store, could spend all day there...lol....
Also do some graphic novels and quite a few magazines and tutorials....