Do you have a prayer request?

Prayers going now. Please keep us posted.
We got our first update on him about two this morning. They did an X Ray and there were no signs of a fracture and his labs were clean. They were going to keep him overnight and we left shortly after that update to head in. We got in about 230 and I had about two and a half hours of sleep before I hit the floor again. I called once I picked my truck up and he was with a nurse at the time, but it looks good so far.

Update - I just got off the phone with the ER and they’re going to keep him in observation for one to two days because he isn’t doing so well on his own walking. And his potassium levels were also high.

Update - I just got off the phone with the ER and they’re going to keep him in observation for one to two days because he isn’t doing so well on his own walking. And his potassium levels were also high.
Good they are keeping him, Wolf. Prayers will continue on his behalf!

Another update. He tore his ham string and they’ll keep him for two to four weeks. We’re about to go visit him.

How are things going, Wolf?
Thanks for asking. He was admitted to PT just last Wednesday after five days in the hospital and he was already off to a rocky start from the beginning.

His transportation stopped for food when he was clearly in distress and his wheelchair was bouncing and rolling around in the back of the van.

His blood pressure spiked to 197/108 in a resting state and later rose to 223/163 putting him at a high risk of a stroke or heart attack on Friday. They didn't have his blood pressure meds on hand nor would they be in until 8:30 that night so he was given something else to lower his pressure. He's also on anxiety meds but they refused to give him any because they felt he didn't need them but he was denied his meds from the start and they don't have the right to do that.

They wouldn't allow him to go the bathroom after he was served his breakfast over fear of cross contamination. He defied them and went anyway.

He was fed very little and one night was served leftover breakfast on a rusty tray of all things. So much for cross contamination.

He couldn't finish his breakfast one morning because he was nauseous and he apologized to the nurse who could only say, 'That's fine. You're paying for it anyway' before she walked off.

Most people there were only trainees and any nurse he had was rude and he told me he couldn't help but to feel an evil spirit or presence when he got there and it only got worse when he was put into his room.

He told me he had nightmares for the two nights he was they aren't side effects of any of his medications. That's fishy.

And on an interesting note, he has a Timex watch that he's had for at least five years and they only last about a year on average but he said it had fallen ten minutes behind shortly after his arrival but corrected itself the day he left. That's weird.

But we got him out on Friday against their 'advice' and took him home despite his injury. And honestly, he's doing rather well and the hamstring may have not been as badly torn as they had thought because he's able to walk around on his own (but still with the aid of a walker temporarily) just fine.

My sister and I have been over there for the past few days and we cleaned up the house for him from Friday until today.

It's been a nightmare and they broke the law and he's now likely going to sue.

Thanks for asking. He was admitted to PT just last Wednesday after five days in the hospital and he was already off to a rocky start from the beginning.

His transportation stopped for food when he was clearly in distress and his wheelchair was bouncing and rolling around in the back of the van.

His blood pressure spiked to 197/108 in a resting state and later rose to 223/163 putting him at a high risk of a stroke or heart attack on Friday. They didn't have his blood pressure meds on hand nor would they be in until 8:30 that night so he was given something else to lower his pressure. He's also on anxiety meds but they refused to give him any because they felt he didn't need them but he was denied his meds from the start and they don't have the right to do that.

They wouldn't allow him to go the bathroom after he was served his breakfast over fear of cross contamination. He defied them and went anyway.

He was fed very little and one night was served leftover breakfast on a rusty tray of all things. So much for cross contamination.

He couldn't finish his breakfast one morning because he was nauseous and he apologized to the nurse who could only say, 'That's fine. You're paying for it anyway' before she walked off.

Most people there were only trainees and any nurse he had was rude and he told me he couldn't help but to feel an evil spirit or presence when he got there and it only got worse when he was put into his room.

He told me he had nightmares for the two nights he was they aren't side effects of any of his medications. That's fishy.

And on an interesting note, he has a Timex watch that he's had for at least five years and they only last about a year on average but he said it had fallen ten minutes behind shortly after his arrival but corrected itself the day he left. That's weird.

But we got him out on Friday against their 'advice' and took him home despite his injury. And honestly, he's doing rather well and the hamstring may have not been as badly torn as they had thought because he's able to walk around on his own (but still with the aid of a walker temporarily) just fine.

My sister and I have been over there for the past few days and we cleaned up the house for him from Friday until today.

Thanks for the updates.

Reactions: Lynne

Omg that’s terrible. Can you get him into a different hospital? I would talk to the hospital admin!

I am so sorry that your father went through that awful experience! I would definitely look into raising a stink about that hospital! The nerve of some people.
;er

Reactions: Lone Wolf and Lynne