Do you believe?

Using the lords name in vein really sends a shiver up my spine when I hear it. When I say it? I am mad... I rarely say it but I do... if someone makes me say that I have probably already been into a physical confrontation with them.
That phrase has always brought me bad luck not just when I have said it....to just hear it doesn't ruin my whole day but when I do hear it I pray for forgiveness even though I am not the one that said it.

I'm the same way. I don't like hearing others use the Lord's name as an angry epithet. I was in the Army and can let loose a tirade that would make other soldiers blush, but I have never used the Lord's name in vain. I've never even used the word "damn" in any way that's not biblical.

Reactions: Paintman and TonyM
I'm the same way. I don't like hearing others use the Lord's name as an angry epithet. I was in the Army and can let loose a tirade that would make other soldiers blush, but I have never used the Lord's name in vain. I've never even used the word "damn" in any way that's not biblical.

Cursing and swearing is a part of life here in Scotland, even my rather refined and prim female team lead will drop an f bomb occasionally and nobody bats an eyelid. I guess it's a cultural thing, any time I've been in the US I've never heard anybody swear and that is actually very refreshing. I grew up in a catholic family where curse words or taking the lord's name in vain were forbidden and I have no problem for that at all.

Reactions: NobleHouse
I'm superstitious. I have enough natural bad luck. I don't need to bring it on that way. lol Just play it safe.

Reactions: Paintman
Me either , I can joke about them but I just so t out power in the thought.

The power of thoughts seem to be accepted as very far-reaching in their influence.
This suggests thoughts are living, and know how to fulfil the wishes and intentions behind their existence, their creation.

Reactions: Lynne