Do you believe in the Devil?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Do you believe in the Devil as an entity? Or are you of the mind that the devil is simply a representation of negative energy and does not really exist?

Let's hear what you think....

Gee whiz Debi, you have more think pieces than The Vatican. Year ago, I came to the Debi & Seahunter site as an Art Bell fan. Liked the people, liked the tone. So to kinda give my paranormal props I told the story about a table tipping experiment that the table spelled out "Jesus." It took me a few days to register, Jesus doesn't play parlor tricks. I'm still in contact with some, and we never forgot that, and never wished it happened.

Reactions: Debi
Gee whiz Debi, you have more think pieces than The Vatican. Year ago, I came to the Debi & Seahunter site as an Art Bell fan. Liked the people, liked the tone. So to kinda give my paranormal props I told the story about a table tipping experiment that the table spelled out "Jesus." It took me a few days to register, Jesus doesn't play parlor tricks. I'm still in contact with some, and we never forgot that, and never wished it happened.
hehe....my mind ponders all these things all the time! And I'm sure glad you came our way, Paintman!

Reactions: Paintman
This is one area I tend to disagree with my Wiccan friends. Many feel that evil is just negative energy that is used by us humans. I happen to believe in an entity with a name.

Reactions: NobleHouse
The biggest lie the devil ever perpetrated is that he doesn't exist. I believe there is an opposit to everything and I absolutely believe in God.

The biggest lie the devil ever perpetrated is that he doesn't exist. I believe there is an opposite to everything and I absolutely believe in God.

Lynne hit the nail on the head!!! The Devil was cast out of Heaven and given dominion over whoever he could convince here on earth. God will triumph in the end, however!!

Lynne hit the nail on the head!!! The Devil was cast out of Heaven and given dominion over whoever he could convince here on earth. God will triumph in the end, however!!
Amen Noble

So, playing the "Devil's advocate" here, (notice how I snuck that one in there) how much paranormal activity do you attribute to being spiritual vs. from the devil? And how do you figure out which is which?

So, playing the "Devil's advocate" here, (notice how I snuck that one in there) how much paranormal activity do you attribute to being spiritual vs. from the devil? And how do you figure out which is which?
I dunno, but I like the notion that the paranormal is a really tricky little understood subset of 'normal' Natural Law. Or a William James line "From The Varieties of Religious Experiences", "Just beyond the flimsiest of screens." (Hey there IU really thought me something. Go Big Red!)