Do you believe in magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Since it's Friday the 13th, I felt the need for a topic of mystical proportions! lol So, let's talk magic!
First, pagan/wiccan magic is not what you see on the TV shows or movies with the fireworks and sparklies flashing at the cast of a "spell". The definition of "magic" I'm using here is this:

THE MANIPULATION OF UNIVERSAL ENERGY TO MANIFEST A DESIRED OUTCOME

This is not much different from the use of prayer to ask God to do the work for you and manipulate energy for your desired outcome. I know that might rankle a few devout Christians out there, but the definition remains valid. Science has now proven that our thoughts do affect energy and, what we think, we create.

I personally don't like the term "magic" as it has an archaic, occult feel to it. I prefer to see it as "Manifestation". Unfortunately, my term hasn't caught on yet! :D

There are many forms and traditions of magic used in the world, and my feeling is that it's all the use of the same universal energy source....all of us may drive different cars but they all require gas to make them go. Each tradition may look different in their methods, but they all use that same "gas", or Divine Universal Energy. Practical Kabbalah (Biblical based magic), hoodoo, voodoo, and spells all use that same energy source. Even the Star Wars movies include the magic of "The Force".

So, the question is: Do you believe magic works? Can you "manifest" results by manipulating energy?

Reactions: Ab_Original
Since it's Friday the 13th, I felt the need for a topic of mystical proportions! lol So, let's talk magic!
First, pagan/wiccan magic is not what you see on the TV shows or movies with the fireworks and sparklies flashing at the cast of a "spell". The definition of "magic" I'm using here is this:

THE MANIPULATION OF UNIVERSAL ENERGY TO MANIFEST A DESIRED OUTCOME

This is not much different from the use of prayer to ask God to do the work for you and manipulate energy for your desired outcome. I know that might rankle a few devout Christians out there, but the definition remains valid. Science has now proven that our thoughts do affect energy and, what we think, we create.

I personally don't like the term "magic" as it has an archaic, occult feel to it. I prefer to see it as "Manifestation". Unfortunately, my term hasn't caught on yet! :D

There are many forms and traditions of magic used in the world, and my feeling is that it's all the use of the same universal energy source....all of us may drive different cars but they all require gas to make them go. Each tradition may look different in their methods, but they all use that same "gas", or Divine Universal Energy. Practical Kabbalah (Biblical based magic), hoodoo, voodoo, and spells all use that same energy source. Even the Star Wars movies include the magic of "The Force".

So, the question is: Do you believe magic works? Can you "manifest" results by manipulating energy?

Thank you for this Debi. So many folks assume that the Wiccan traditions are "evil" and should be abolished (i.e. The Salam Witch Trials, etc.). Nothing could be further more from the truth.

As you have already explained the nature of "magic," I only want to add that those who persecute people who believe these traditions are, themselves, committing acts of "evil." The devil is in the details, at it were.

Reactions: Debi
I can't say that I believe in "Magic" per se but.... I try to keep an open mind to anything. Reminds of the quote "Any man/woman who knows anything, knows that they know nothing" - Someone smarter than me :D

Thank you for this Debi. So many folks assume that the Wiccan traditions are "evil" and should be abolished (i.e. The Salam Witch Trials, etc.). Nothing could be further more from the truth.

As you have already explained the nature of "magic," I only want to add that those who persecute people who believe these traditions are, themselves, committing acts of "evil." The devil is in the details, at it were.
Thanks, Belle. I think it's important to take off the veil of secrecy and put forth the true nature of this. Too many people still believe you can zap someone into a frog. You can't go against nature or universal laws, and that's oft times what people "see" as magic.

As for persecution, the Wiccan Rede goes by the law of "If it harm none, do as yea will." Pretty much the equivalent of "Do unto others." We actually all have much more in common than we do in differences.

I can't say that I believe in "Magic" per se but.... I try to keep an open mind to anything. Reminds of the quote "Any man/woman who knows anything, knows that they know nothing" - Someone smarter than me :D
I always tell people that if someone tells you they have all the answers, run, do not walk, as fast as you can in the other direction. At 62 and an old hand at the spiritual/paranormal world, I'm still learning and growing daily. My beliefs and understanding of it all have changed drastically over the years, and my hope is to continue searching and evolving until the day I cross the veil.

Reactions: Leo
The show is LIVE, folks! 10PM EST, 9PM Central. Chat room will be open and I hope to see you there!

Bob mentions "curses." Just for the record, Wiccan's who work in the white do not curse people. They may bind bad behavior, they may turn bad intentions back to the sender, but by the rede, we may harm none.

I believe in magic because I have seen it firsthand, knowing more than 1 person who practices the craft. The thing about magic is that it is the way we are programed as humans. It is the same thing that The Secret speaks about and what Jesus meant when he said that we could do the same things that he does and more.

I believe in magic because I have seen it firsthand, knowing more than 1 person who practices the craft. The thing about magic is that it is the way we are programed as humans. It is the same thing that The Secret speaks about and what Jesus meant when he said that we could do the same things that he does and more.
:D:D:D

Gold stars!

Reactions: Naked Apple
Status
Not open for further replies.