Do Homemade Ouija Boards Work?

hauntmeimbored

Ouija Board "Researcher"
Reaction score
(I'm new here, sorry if this isn't the right spot to post this thread)

A couple days ago I made a cardboard ouija board just to see if anything would happen, and it was spectacularly disappointing. Granted, I was using it alone and I wasn't in a house or anything and I don't know if that's got anything to do with my poor results. It just had a standard ouija board setup, the alphabet, yes and no, hello and goodbye, nothing unusual. Oh, and I was using it at night, not sure if that's important. I wasn't trying to contact anyone in particular, so there's that as well. I burned it after I used it, my friend who's a little more knowledgeable about this stuff said I should do that. I'm probably gonna try again in like and hour with a new board (still homemade). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A couple days ago I made a cardboard ouija board just to see if anything would happen, and it was spectacularly disappointing. Granted, I was using it alone and I wasn't in a house or anything and I don't know if that's got anything to do with my poor results. It just had a standard ouija board setup, the alphabet, yes and no, hello and goodbye, nothing unusual. Oh, and I was using it at night, not sure if that's important. I wasn't trying to contact anyone in particular, so there's that as well. I burned it after I used it, my friend who's a little more knowledgeable about this stuff said I should do that. I'm probably gonna try again in like and hour with a new board (still homemade). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The best help is the advice not to make or use a Ouija board.

I have skeptical leanings. Yet I would not play with a Ouija board any more than I would play with explosives without completely understanding what I was getting into and my motives.

Many people here are in agreement with the sentiment of comparing the use of a Ouija board, to opening your front door and allowing random strangers to enter your home. A Ouija board is a doorway, and unless you are are sure who it is that you're inviting, it might be an unwise thing to do!

Sigh....here I go again. One more time!

OUIJA BOARDS:

Here we go with my mantra. THESE ARE TOOLS, NOT TOYS! DO NOT TOUCH THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE HAD PROPER TRAINING! AND I DON'T MEAN YOUR AUNT FRANNIE TELLING YOU HOW TO USE THEM!

Why am I adamant about this? Because the majority of activity reported here began with a Ouija board at some point. Yes, they open doorways and portals, but not because they are a Ouija Board. Spirit boards, makeshift boards on tables, drinking glasses for planchettes....they all have the same problems. And that is because of what you are doing when you use these items as toys or even as tools if you are untrained.

First, if you do the usual and just ask "Who's here? Speak to me!" it's the equivalent of you opening up your front door in a dicey neighborhood and letting anyone walk into your home. Proper protections, prayers, intentions and prep should be done before using it at all. I am well trained and will not use one. Why?

Because in order for a spirit or entity to make that planchette move, it has to influence you. It has to be allowed to move your hands, influence your mind, and basically use you as a puppet. And that's where trouble begins.

Remember, we truly don't know exactly what these entities are. We assume many things about what we perceive as paranormal. We have no definitive proof of what we are actually dealing with. We use history, religion, and past experiences to deal with it. We know some things work to stop activity. We don't actually know for sure why it does.

I burned it after I used it, my friend who's a little more knowledgeable about this stuff said I should do that.
Sorry I didn't catch this post until now.

Just because it doesnt appear that you made contact with anything, doesnt mean you didn't. I hope your friend who claims to be knowledgeable on this stuff shared with you how to cleanse the space after the session.

But because you didnt make contact with a spirit, it may have been safe to burn the board, given it's just cardboard. However if it's been used, the opposite is the case. You'll never know if the board opened any portals or not. And if you destroy the board, it may not be impossible to close these portals, but it makes the task a whole lot harder.

We had one member share the idea of burying the board in white cloth, wrapped in string, and burying it on the property it was used last.

Stay safe, HMIB.

Read Debi and Charleh's posts then read them again and again. Don't mess with this stuff even if you think you know what you're doing.

Ok, so you guys have successfully convinced me not to try again, but if I did make contact with something, how would I know? What should I be on the lookout for? And how would I go about getting rid of it?

Ok, so you guys have successfully convinced me not to try again, but if I did make contact with something, how would I know? What should I be on the lookout for? And how would I go about getting rid of it?
Well, let me ask you this....why are you trying to make contact with something? And who are what are you trying to reach?