Do Ghosts have a Lifespan?

if ghosts are only ghosts until they cross over, maybe the flood of paranormal investigators combined with the popularity and interest of more people is causing a mass crossover on the spiritual side???........the interest in the paranormal/ghost hunting side may be making ghost hunters their own worst enemy..
or ghosts do have a life span. energy dissipates over time, (the saying that energy cant be destroyed isnt really accurate, energy does dissipate), and with the constant expansion of the universe energy has to be spread out and dissipates to a thinner and thinner form. so if spirits dont cross over their days may be numbered.

I must say, I've often wondered why we don't often (if ever?) hear about sightings of early Hominids, or Neolithic ghosts, or ghosts from the Iron Age... And, although we have many sightings of ghostly dogs and cats, I'm not aware of a single sighting of a ghostly dinosaur.

That might sound ludicrous, but they were animals and many of them died sudden and violent deaths. Just a thought. Could it be that we don't see them because their days as ghosts are long gone, which would support the theory that ghosts have a life span...?

Last edited:
if ghosts are only ghosts until they cross over, maybe the flood of paranormal investigators combined with the popularity and interest of more people is causing a mass crossover on the spiritual side???........the interest in the paranormal/ghost hunting side may be making ghost hunters their own worst enemy..
or ghosts do have a life span. energy dissipates over time, (the saying that energy cant be destroyed isnt really accurate, energy does dissipate), and with the constant expansion of the universe energy has to be spread out and dissipates to a thinner and thinner form. so if spirits dont cross over their days may be numbered.
Excellent explanation. I was expecting more than two paragraphs in that article, but it does raise a good question.

I'm guessing that fewer people are needing to spend any time in a self-made purgatory before entering God's Presence, since this life is getting harder and more people are paying their dues up front.

But that's the gist of my beliefs. Time spent as a spirit, haunting earthly locales, is only temporary for any given spirit who was once flesh and blood. Eventually all souls leave the twilight world and enter the light, thus no bronze-age ghosts. The only spirits who have been around basically "forever" on human timescales, were never living beings to begin with. Elementals and such.

images (1).jpeg

I'm guessing that fewer people are needing to spend any time in a self-made purgatory before entering God's Presence, since this life is getting harder and more people are paying their dues up front.

But that's the gist of my beliefs. Time spent as a spirit, haunting earthly locales, is only temporary for any given spirit who was once flesh and blood. Eventually all souls leave the twilight world and enter the light, thus no bronze-age ghosts. The only spirits who have been around basically "forever" on human timescales, were never living beings to begin with. Elementals and such.
Good thoughts on this GW!