DIY fails

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR WORST DIY OR ATTEMPTED PROJECT FAILURE?

index.jpg
funny-diy-craft-fails-32-58a309af5fe4b__605.jpg

Reactions: Paintman

garnetsilver

** May Member of the Month **
Reaction score
One that comes to mind happened when I was fifteen. We had just moved into a new house, and in the process the cord to my phonograph got torn in half. So I decided that all I needed was a "spark" in order to listen to my albums, and I put the plug in the socket and held the two pieces of cord together. When I found myself on the floor halfway across the room, I realized that it had been a bad idea, lol. Probably was the start of my Slder career!

OP
OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
One that comes to mind happened when I was fifteen. We had just moved into a new house, and in the process the cord to my phonograph got torn in half. So I decided that all I needed was a "spark" in order to listen to my albums, and I put the plug in the socket and held the two pieces of cord together. When I found myself on the floor halfway across the room, I realized that it had been a bad idea, lol. Probably was the start of my Slder career!
OMG! Yeah, really bad idea there, Garnet! lol

Selectric

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I would say the 'almost epic fail' was when i moved into my house, i was putting a metal shed up out back. The doors were not installed yet and it had not been secured as of yet. Well, a gust of wind came along and almost lifted the shed up and over my neighbor's fence rofl. I jumped on top of it to keep it down, though had to readjust it as it shifted all out of whack lol.

Paulm

** September Member of the Month **
Reaction score
I would say the 'almost epic fail' was when i moved into my house, i was putting a metal shed up out back. The doors were not installed yet and it had not been secured as of yet. Well, a gust of wind came along and almost lifted the shed up and over my neighbor's fence rofl. I jumped on top of it to keep it down, though had to readjust it as it shifted all out of whack lol.
that is one project i will never again do...... not that its complicated or hard, it turned out well....but when i opened the boxes and 400,000 half inch bolts and nuts came out i should have known then to return it and stick with building a wooden shed, but wanting to save a little money, (very little by the way for the size comparison) i stuck it out and 3 days later, (couple hours a day) i had a somewhat decent shed.....and a headache

OP
OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Why I am forbidden to hold a paint brush:

I had two end tables I wanted to paint to put out on the patio. Just a wee project I wanted to do on my own. After opening the can of paint and sloshing it all over the garage, I went on to attempt to paint the first one. Dripping more paint on me and the floor than hit the drop cloth or the table, I finished to find myself trying to stop a few flies from landing on it. It was at this point that I managed to leave fingerprints in partially dried paint...which never smoothed out.

My husband emerged from the garage door to find me crying on the floor and covered in paint debris. I had paint everywhere! I was banned from all painting projects at that point.

ozentity

** June Member of the Month **
Reaction score
My husband emerged from the garage door to find me crying on the floor and covered in paint debris. I had paint everywhere! I was banned from all painting projects at that point.
Sorry for laughing Debi but I could just picture you.

Selectric

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I will share probably the most embarrassing thing from my 'green days' of being an electrician. A buddy of mine and i were working together and i was the crawlspace guy. He said he was sending a wire down to me...though never telling me what to do with it rofl. In my defense, i was very very very new to the field so constant instruction was key lol. Well, he sent quite abit of wire down and when he finally asked what i was doing, he found me surrounded by a large pile of tangled wire lol. Hey, if you can't make fun of yourself....lol