Divining the Future

On the subject of tarot cards, you could still label me as a skeptic. I believe in a lot of things, but if that's even remotely legit, I'd rather not know. My future is my own, ya know? There are some things we'd just simply be better off not knowing.

I have noticed that most people seem to fear bad predictions with Tarot cards. I want to share another positive outcome; not because I am trying to persuade anyone to feel differently, just to share stories.

Back in 2015, we were living in Florida and had decided to put our house on the market so we could move back to the Northeast. As anyone who has ever sold a house knows, it can be maddening when things aren't moving fast enough. So one day I decided to do a Tarot reading, asking when the house would sell. I used a spread that can give a very specific time frame in the response. The date I got was July 10th. It wasn't until we were sitting in the office of the realtor and signing papers that I realized that it was July 10th and we had sold the house. I think if we are only asking about mundane things, divination can be pretty tame. If someone wants to know more sobering stuff, then that's different.

A good / genuine reader wouldn't give you information of a death like that. It's a kind of ethics that I've learned from others.

Death seldom means death of a person and is more usually of an end to something. But it does freak a lot of people out.

Last edited:
A good / genuine reader wouldn't give you information of a death like that. It's a kind of ethics that I've learned from others.

Death seldom means death of a person and is more usually of an end to something. But it does freak a lot of people out.
I agree! A good reader should have the humility to know that they may not have the definitive answer, and thus not jump to such an extreme conclusion.

I guess if you live long enough and are the least bit sensitive you know what to embrace in life and what to run away from.
I can certainly agree with that. That’s why after my first attempt to scry, I set it aside and have never gone back. Now that I have already see some very, very few future events; I can chose not to go chasing after them proactively.

Last edited:
Wow that would have scared me to death! She could have handled that differently. Someone who doesn’t care about how they effect people is working on the wrong side in my opinion. Remember your beliefs and God (if you believe), have a big part in your life. I think sometimes these doomsday readers and remote viewers see the future before the creator intervenes.

It didn't scare me... but it kinda hurt my feelings. lolol It was New Orleans!! It's what she did. Butttt - in her defense... I only went in because (1) My sister thought it would be hilarious (2) I had every intention of 'blocking' any such thing as a true read (and hypnosis)... I shield heavy heavy heavy but, it's New Orleans and (3) The question I 'studied on' in the shuffle in shuffle out stuff was "WHO AM I... Really?" as I have led such a strange life and pester The Creator a lot (or did) about that. lol One day Creator just said "are you SURE Childe??? That you are ready to know a Great Mystery?" I never asked again.

With Tarot you know, I think it is all about the imagery drawn into the original intent of each card. I read for awhile and was good at it because I have a good and not always fun at all education in 'discernment' if I have that intent. I made good money for a month or so but new from the beginning it was a HEAVY accountability thing. What you speak you reap in my belief. Most who came to me were either stoned or lonely and I just couldn't - didn't DARE make money from others in pain. I have known ONE natural reader... there was no book, no background, no interest except as a game... and she'd flat run chills up my spine and send the hairs on my neck straight up... we quit pulling out Tarot.

With Tarot you know, I think it is all about the imagery drawn into the original intent of each card. I read for awhile and was good at it because I have a good and not always fun at all education in 'discernment' if I have that intent. I made good money for a month or so but new from the beginning it was a HEAVY accountability thing. What you speak you reap in my belief. Most who came to me were either stoned or lonely and I just couldn't - didn't DARE make money from others in pain. I have known ONE natural reader... there was no book, no background, no interest except as a game... and she'd flat run chills up my spine and send the hairs on my neck straight up... we quit pulling out Tarot.
I have found that I can't go to psychics anyway, nearly every time I tried, they would look at me accusingly and say, "Why are you here? You are psychic!" This used to bug me because I hadn't thought of myself that way.

Hiya Rowan, good to see you.
I've always believed in a mix of free will and determinism but never, or ever, will know that ratio.
I do like the sticks floating down the stream analogy because I do think there's times and places that we need to be for whatever reason. And the existentialist in me believes that we have the free will to decide on how we to interpret and react to those situations. That may be what we are ultimately judged on.

There is a priest that has a radio show Who I really respect and thinks about these things. He studies people that have died and lived to tell about it. And has come to believe that the afterlife is timeless.
This brings up questions about the implications on the nature of Destiny. He talked about people that died and came back as having a life review, and that our reactions to circumstances are key. His interviews led him to believe that Purgatory is the transition from time to timelessness.

Anyway I don't want to know the future as much as I really do want to know the future. I guess if you live long enough and are the least bit sensitive you know what to embrace in life and what to run away from. Good enough.
Rambling.
Paint did the priest say that purgatory is “time” in other words, being reborn in the physical?

Reactions: garnetsilver