Ditching those cinder blocks and allowing yourself to be loved.

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Wow, ok. Why this is coming about, but here goes. First i want to say we are all flawed. Anyone that attempts to say any different, then they do not have the proper grasp of life. This post is something i just thought needed to get put out there. Yes...it's been said...it's been done...yadda yadda. Speaking from personal experience, i have talked to many people...including myself...that have had these pitfalls. Do not be discouraged...do not pity yourself or others. Each and every one of us have mechanisms that protect us from things. I can't speak for everyone, but i know i have been hurt before in the past and regrettably, i have hurt as well. Life is far too short to close yourself off from being loved. Everyone deserves to have that one person that gets you...gets it...whatever. You are never too young or never too old. In my best analogy i say drop those cinder blocks in the mud and find stable ground. We are human beings and we do and will make mistakes. Shed the doubt and weight that keeps you from what you truly deserve. While i am typing this, i offer my gesture of forgiveness to any i have hurt during my lifetime. That is the first step to moving on and getting back on the road you are supposed to be on. Believe me, i have been there...still am at times. Working on it and beating my head against a wall to listen to my own advice. Let people in. Let love in. Not everyone you encounter in life is going to bang on that vault door until you answer.

Wow, ok. Why this is coming about, but here goes. First i want to say we are all flawed. Anyone that attempts to say any different, then they do not have the proper grasp of life. This post is something i just thought needed to get put out there. Yes...it's been said...it's been done...yadda yadda. Speaking from personal experience, i have talked to many people...including myself...that have had these pitfalls. Do not be discouraged...do not pity yourself or others. Each and every one of us have mechanisms that protect us from things. I can't speak for everyone, but i know i have been hurt before in the past and regrettably, i have hurt as well. Life is far too short to close yourself off from being loved. Everyone deserves to have that one person that gets you...gets it...whatever. You are never too young or never too old. In my best analogy i say drop those cinder blocks in the mud and find stable ground. We are human beings and we do and will make mistakes. Shed the doubt and weight that keeps you from what you truly deserve. While i am typing this, i offer my gesture of forgiveness to any i have hurt during my lifetime. That is the first step to moving on and getting back on the road you are supposed to be on. Believe me, i have been there...still am at times. Working on it and beating my head against a wall to listen to my own advice. Let people in. Let love in. Not everyone you encounter in life is going to bang on that vault door until you answer.
Well written and well said, Selectric!

very well said. this is a message for an individual but can be useful to all.

I can't speak for everyone, but i know i have been hurt before in the past and regrettably, i have hurt as well. Life is far too short to close yourself off from being loved.
I reckon if you forgive and love yourself it seems to attract love and discourage hate and negativity.

Reactions: Selectric
this is a message for an individual but can be useful to all.

if you forgive and love yourself it seems to attract love and discourage hate and negativity.
Absolutely. You must feel comfortable in your own skin. It doesn't matter how many forgive you, if you can't forgive yourself, you will never be able to move on.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity