Disturbing

I think until you get this all under control, you should have duplicate external hard drives with your files, as well as printed copies in a fire safe.

One thing I had to figure out the hard way is the paranormal is something you can’t talk about with most friends and family members. I know because a lot of my family is baptist. And I don’t have many friends :D

I don’t think what you’re dealing with is even close to 51-50 worthy even if it wasn’t true, if that’s any consolation.

Before I open my mouth too much on the advice part, what’s your faith?

I'm Jewish but non-practicing. I back up to 4 different externals plus 3 other places.

Not sure how I can get this under control. Last night I got the feeling everything is cool. Just a feeling. Yesterday, definitely something here, trying to make sure I know. A little puzzled. Like I said, I've used the camera for months but yesterday when I was trying to take pics of a sketch, a simple horizontal shot, it kept auto rotating vertically, irritating. Today it wasn't doing that. Not sure if done to be mean or just to let me know. Personally I think not nice. Slight power surge, computer shuts off, nothing else. Hopefully natural cause, otherwise very cruel. Crazy but feel my thoughts are heard. Was thinking about one of the posts about SLIdrs and wondering. Went back to football game on Sling TV. Still playing but on Apple TV startup screen, which is impossible. Can't have both on same time. Toaster oven also out of nowhere had no heat and was going to order another, Now it is fine. Last night I felt relaxed and everything cool, and it helped a lot talking, but like I said, don't know what I'm dealing with and what is wanted. Is the camera issue meant to be mean? Computer cut off definitely mean but maybe natural as I heard the heat cut slightly before that.

Thank you for your reply. I will look into this and get back with you.
Not sure if that is the case, actually it's not as what I saw yesterday, once after thinking about your reply.

welcome to the forum Steve. i hope we can help.
what do you do for work/study?

I do video and graphic design. A lot of occurrences in whatever application I am working with at the time. During the summer it was Adobe Premiere and a lot of scary things happened. Recently website software and the coding would be screwed with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charleh
I do video and graphic design. A lot of occurrences in whatever application I am working with at the time. During the summer if was Adobe Premiere and a lot of scary things happened. Recently website software and the coding would be screwed with.
I just do that for fun and I’d be livid if my projects got corrupted.

Hackers do exist. Some may know you & be targeting you on purpose. Others just find someone they like to toy with for kicks, or feeling powerful. I’ll bet your problem isn’t paranormal.
I was considering/hoping what you say here is true. I've looked into this before with no results but still. But after yesterday, there is no doubt this is paranormal and he/she wanted to make that clear. Non-computer stuff, and after reading all these comments and considering alternative possibilities. I explain in the above post. Just not sure what the next step is. Is this playful interaction, in the spirits own way, not meant to be mean or just doing to make life difficult for me, which was clearly true with my hard worked projects.

Last edited:
I wonder if it would help if you psychically cleansed your place? I am sure that there are websites that offer suggestions, or maybe other members here who know of any? I usually just sage my apartment, or use Palo Santo wood, but most negative energy can be cleared if you keep at it!

I wonder if it would help if you psychically cleansed your place? I am sure that there are websites that offer suggestions, or maybe other members here who know of any? I usually just sage my apartment, or use Palo Santo wood, but most negative energy can be cleared if you keep at it!
You are exactly correct, Garnet. Salt barriers at doorways and windowsills can also assist in some cases.

I just do that for fun and I’d be livid if my projects got corrupted.
It was very distressful about my files. I work so hard on these. One huge file that I had a h-ll of a time with this summer, every time I opened it it would be messed up. I am very hesitant to open it anymore. It sits on my portfolio site unfinished with some very stupid parts I put in to show a teacher. I need to edit out but yes, I am scared to even open it and look at it, as I am worried I will be very disappointed. Really suks.

Reactions: 7Critter
I really wish one of these investigative teams would take me seriously and talk or send someone out to hopefully communicate. Not an actual investigation -- that would be ridiculous. Do burn sage, though.

As crazy as this sounds, I sometimes get the impression he/she gets really pissed when I brag out loud. I am not like that but like I said, I live alone. Recently the occurrences happen after I gloat. FTP server was obvious, as crazy as that sounds, but the only explanation, and my files were changed when I tried uploading. Funny, actually a few occurrences seemed to back fire. Being prevented from doing something/etc, eventually I changed my mind and agreed and these were great ideas, ha ha! Really think meant to be mean.

Last edited:
You are exactly correct, Garnet. Salt barriers at doorways and windowsills can also assist in some cases.
I will try this but kind of don't think that will help. I had something obviously strange happen with the blinds when I first moved in. I think she/he/whatever has been here for a while. And didn't start messing with me until I stopped cursing at stuff and started learning new software on doing well in school. And after I did a school project telling the horrible paranormal experience in NYC and stuffed the video with tons of evps, things picked up.