Disturbing Dream

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I want to blame it on eating a food that my doctor has asked me to avoid (gluten) but last night, I spent the entire night in the most awful space I have ever dreamed of. Having said that, it didn't really feel like a dream, but as if I were trapped there and couldn't leave.

It's rare, but sometimes I can smell things while dreaming; such was the case with this one. There was a foul smell all around, and I appeared to be inside a large house with lots of rooms curtained off with bits of fabric. The place was filled with people, who looked dead. I had the feeling that if I made an obvious attempt to leave, they would come after me. So I moved very slowly and casually, looking for a way out. I peered behind some of these curtained doorways, and there were people sitting, or walking around and and talking, but their mouths were not moving at all. They appeared to be dressed in clothing that would have been popular in the late 1920's. I also got the impression that it was a house of ill repute. And it was absolutely filthy- there was a bathroom with an old fashioned toilet in it, and the shelf in there was coated with crud as if someone had shaved in that spot every day for about ten years, and never cleaned up after themselves. It was also very warm and humid in there. At one point I sat down on a sofa, and noticed that it was greasy with filth. There was a man was sitting there who appeared to be drunk. He grabbed my hand and tried to kiss it. I felt grossed out and wanted badly to leave, but there was no way out. After three attempts to wake ( each time I was still in there) I finally managed to tear free of that awful place.

I still have a feeling of dread about the whole thing. Just wanted to share it with you, cause it was so awful!

Reactions: Benway
I'm not much of an advice giver but I do feel for you with this ... sending you calming, caring thoughts and wishes if ok. :<3

Reactions: Lynne
I'm not much of an advice giver but I do feel for you with this ... sending you calming, caring thoughts and wishes if ok. :<3
Thank you, Rose! I also forgot to mention that the owner of this building has been doing renovations for the past two weeks in other units, and I fear it has stirred something up.

Reactions: Lynne
I want to blame it on eating a food that my doctor has asked me to avoid (gluten) but last night, I spent the entire night in the most awful space I have ever dreamed of. Having said that, it didn't really feel like a dream, but as if I were trapped there and couldn't leave.

It's rare, but sometimes I can smell things while dreaming; such was the case with this one. There was a foul smell all around, and I appeared to be inside a large house with lots of rooms curtained off with bits of fabric. The place was filled with people, who looked dead. I had the feeling that if I made an obvious attempt to leave, they would come after me. So I moved very slowly and casually, looking for a way out. I peered behind some of these curtained doorways, and there were people sitting, or walking around and and talking, but their mouths were not moving at all. They appeared to be dressed in clothing that would have been popular in the late 1920's. I also got the impression that it was a house of ill repute. And it was absolutely filthy- there was a bathroom with an old fashioned toilet in it, and the shelf in there was coated with crud as if someone had shaved in that spot every day for about ten years, and never cleaned up after themselves. It was also very warm and humid in there. At one point I sat down on a sofa, and noticed that it was greasy with filth. There was a man was sitting there who appeared to be drunk. He grabbed my hand and tried to kiss it. I felt grossed out and wanted badly to leave, but there was no way out. After three attempts to wake ( each time I was still in there) I finally managed to tear free of that awful place.

I still have a feeling of dread about the whole thing. Just wanted to share it with you, cause it was so awful!
God bless you Garnet. Do you think it was a past life memory? That situation may have been a life situation a girl in those times might feel trapped in. If so , I’ve heard acknowledging it as the past will move your emotions and attachment away from it.

Reactions: garnetsilver
God bless you Garnet. Do you think it was a past life memory? That situation may have been a life situation a girl in those times might feel trapped in. If so , I’ve heard acknowledging it as the past will move your emotions and attachment away from it.
You know, that thought crossed my mind but I am still not sure. I remember in the dream someone scolding me about customers but I wasn't really paying close attention. I will try acknowledging and see if it resonates. I still feel icky! And just in case, I thoroughly saged my bedroom. Earlier, my cat wouldn't enter the bedroom and it is her favorite place to hang out, so I figured I'd better get to work!