Discussing Reincarnation

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
For those of you who consider reincarnation as a possibility, let me ask you this: What would be the benefits and/or drawbacks to have knowledge of a previous lifetime? Do you feel it would help you in this life or hold you back?

Have you ever had flashes or dreams of previous lifetimes or simply a strong pull towards a certain time period?

346652228_237145855573423_2183910803134269960_n.jpg

the lessons learned.....its the lessons NOT learned that keep us on the round-a-bout and wont let us exit to a better place on this journey. nothing learned from a past life is going to benefit us in this life as far as wealth or superiority, if it does then the lesson was missed to begin with. the pursuit of fame and fortune, wealth, status etc. is all ego driven and only of this world, it has no benefit whatsoever on the journey. the destination cannot be bought or given to you. it will only be presented once you have learned to trust the universe, set yourself free of the chains that imprison you like the materialistic useless things you think you own or need but are actually your master. once you let go of the ego, the pride, the conflict, and start seeing and trusting the universe you will realize you are rich in a way that is unexplainable. needs will be met, wishes granted, happiness reached. the lessons of humility, love, brotherhood, oneness. will be presented over and over and over. the path you take with each lesson will determine what you take into the next lifetime and how long your stay will be on this ride

the lessons learned.....its the lessons NOT learned that keep us on the round-a-bout and wont let us exit to a better place on this journey. nothing learned from a past life is going to benefit us in this life as far as wealth or superiority, if it does then the lesson was missed to begin with. the pursuit of fame and fortune, wealth, status etc. is all ego driven and only of this world, it has no benefit whatsoever on the journey. the destination cannot be bought or given to you. it will only be presented once you have learned to trust the universe, set yourself free of the chains that imprison you like the materialistic useless things you think you own or need but are actually your master. once you let go of the ego, the pride, the conflict, and start seeing and trusting the universe you will realize you are rich in a way that is unexplainable. needs will be met, wishes granted, happiness reached. the lessons of humility, love, brotherhood, oneness. will be presented over and over and over. the path you take with each lesson will determine what you take into the next lifetime and how long your stay will be on this ride
Great answer Paul. I was thinking, how can we learn or change if we cannot remember the mistakes of the past. If reincarnation is true, then we must learn the lesson at a soul level that effects our inherent personality when we are born? I understand the need for a clean slate but still the concept of building on past is lost without memory. It is hard to grasp, and perhaps the idea of learning in that respect is not an option, maybe we just get another shot at being good without that benefit.

For those of you who consider reincarnation as a possibility, let me ask you this: What would be the benefits and/or drawbacks to have knowledge of a previous lifetime?
I would think that the benefits would be that hopefully we don't repeat the same mistakes.
Do you feel it would help you in this life or hold you back?
That is a tough one. I did have a past life reading once, and if what the woman told me was true, I have learned to be in the moment and stop trying to keep one foot in the past, and one in the future.
Have you ever had flashes or dreams of previous lifetimes or simply a strong pull towards a certain time period?
I have a strong pull towards Victorian England. I've had a few dreams where I spoke in an English accent. Another thing was, when I was a child, I would draw sketches of little girls in Victorian clothing. Once, when my father planned to take me on a special outing, I insisted that my new dress have a pinafore.

For those of you who consider reincarnation as a possibility, let me ask you this: What would be the benefits and/or drawbacks to have knowledge of a previous lifetime? Do you feel it would help you in this life or hold you back?

View attachment 48632
I think if you could have memories of the older versions of your previous lives that you would be more capable of handling life's twists and turns when you are young in your current incarnation. As far as my past lives, I have no definitive proof I've lived before, however a psychic told me once I froze to death in Russia with Napoleons army, as well as freezing to death with Hannibal's army as it was crossing the Alps, and I do have a suspicion that I was an artillery man during the American Revolution, but again...no proof of anything.

I have a strong pull towards Victorian England. I've had a few dreams where I spoke in an English accent. Another thing was, when I was a child, I would draw sketches of little girls in Victorian clothing. Once, when my father planned to take me on a special outing, I insisted that my new dress have a pinafore.
Sigh.......forehead slap. Wow.

Would love to think we could carry that knowledge over. I know when i was a child i had thoughts that didn't quite jive with my age and quickly forgotten. Vicious cycle? Perhaps. But if i keep running into the same people i met in my later years...one day may get it right lol. Work in progress lol.