Discovered an unusual ceremony site

BigRed

Reaction score
It’s me again! I’m over the moon finding this community. I have so many questions and observations I can’t help but keep posting. I hope I’m putting this next story in the right place. Over the summer we went to a birthday party at a lagoon by the ocean. My daughter was exploring in some shrubbery and exclaimed she found something. My husband and I walked over and were quite surprised by what we saw. There were several candles burnt to nubs, purple and white. A labradorite oval shattered in two. A mountain of old reel to reel tapes of operas song by a woman. There were other items I can’t recall now. I noticed a lot of ash. Moving through the debris I found a slip from a crematorium with a name matching the singer on the tapes. At this point I realize my hands are covered in someone’s family member. I rubbed clean sand on my hands to remove it. Can anyone tell me what I stumbled onto? My husband, a former geology major, surprised me with the labradorite chunks when we got home. I was a little freaked out by it but I put them with the stones on our nature altar. Should I return them to the site? I googled the address on the crematorium slip and it was a home in a very ritzy neighborhood here that had recently sold. My gut says it was a child saying goodbye in her own way.

It’s me again! I’m over the moon finding this community. I have so many questions and observations I can’t help but keep posting. I hope I’m putting this next story in the right place. Over the summer we went to a birthday party at a lagoon by the ocean. My daughter was exploring in some shrubbery and exclaimed she found something. My husband and I walked over and were quite surprised by what we saw. There were several candles burnt to nubs, purple and white. A labradorite oval shattered in two. A mountain of old reel to reel tapes of operas song by a woman. There were other items I can’t recall now. I noticed a lot of ash. Moving through the debris I found a slip from a crematorium with a name matching the singer on the tapes. At this point I realize my hands are covered in someone’s family member. I rubbed clean sand on my hands to remove it. Can anyone tell me what I stumbled onto? My husband, a former geology major, surprised me with the labradorite chunks when we got home. I was a little freaked out by it but I put them with the stones on our nature altar. Should I return them to the site? I googled the address on the crematorium slip and it was a home in a very ritzy neighborhood here that had recently sold. My gut says it was a child saying goodbye in her own way.
Someone did a nice ash scattering ceremony on the beach, hon. That is someone who laid their loved one to rest in an olde ceremony. You might want to return the labrodorite, as it was most likely part of the service/ritual for whoever was put to rest there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
Someone did a nice ash scattering ceremony in the woods, hon. That is someone who laid their loved one to rest in an olde ceremony. You might want to return the labrodorite, as it was most likely part of the service/ritual for whoever was put to rest there.
I agree with Debi. I’d return the stones.

I’m glad you found us too BR.

It’s me again! I’m over the moon finding this community.
We are very glad to have you with us, Red. You need to join us on the live chat thread some evening. Usually someone is there about 9 Eastern time every night except Weds., and on Saturdays we do a movie night together.

You just share as much as you wish! Enjoying your posts. Never worry about it being in the wrong place. If I think we need to move a thread, I can easily do so for you. No problem!

Oh wow, a movie night sounds fun. I will be sure to check out the live chat thread. Thank you being so welcoming to me. It’s a joy to be on here with you all.