Discontinued/Defunct Brands and Products

Closer to topic, who remembers the original green bottle of Prell shampoo? This stuff was so harsh beauticians used it to pull dye colors out of hair!
Was that the one where they floated a pearl in it?

I was gonna say Lincoln Logs and Erector Set before I looked them up. Apparently, you can still buy these. My brother liked the erector set, me, the Lincoln Logs.

I loved the chocolate one!

1642967738094.png

Reactions: ozentity
I also remember that. I was 17 and my dad lit one up every time one was shown.
To be honest I had to go roll a smoke after watching those adds, lol. I have a female friend who hates it now, she says she'd be happy to stay home while hubby works and he can mow the lawns when he gets home to save her damaging her nails, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Debi
On the snack side of the spectrum, Pepperidge Farm Burstin' BBQ Cheddar Goldfish. To me, they were the best. And the unmistakable milk cartons they used to have before the switch to bags.

On the snack side of the spectrum, Pepperidge Farm Burstin' BBQ Cheddar Goldfish. To me, they were the best. And the unmistakable milk cartons they used to have before the switch to bags.
We can still buy the gallon milk carton size Goldfish here.

I still have a Thomas Guide in my car.

I really miss Watkins. They had a product called Odorcheck that I used because of having an old dog. It was the only product I ever found that really worked for getting rid of pet stain odors. It was an enzyme product and there are a lot of new ones out there but the closest I have found is one from Grove.com that is new. There has been almost 20 years since I found one that works.

Watkins discontinued that product years before they finally disappeared for good. I liked their vanilla and a few other things.

I can think of a lot of things! The trouble is, they are still out there but have been changed, and are still bearing familiar labels. Some beauty products like Oil of Olay now have branched off into different products still with the same name. Some products have definitely gotten cheaper and/or poorly produced.

One thing that comes to mind is Healthtex clothing. This was widely advertised when I was a kid, and I could still find things for my child if I shopped in second hand shops. These clothes were purported to last for the lifetime of the child, and were reputed to be made from healthy fibers, thus the name Healthtex. The crap they are selling for children now leaves me speechless.
The one that comes to mind for me is Coca Cola, I remember when they switched from cane sugar to high fructose sugar. It has never been the same.