Discontinued/Defunct Brands and Products

Gillespie's Wood Restorer. Imagine a super strength Old English polish. It had a lot of wax in it and could really cover scratches well.
Benjamin Moore Impervo - alkyd satin. We would brush that on and it would lay down and look like it was sprayed.
Aqualock primer. It was the perfect pH for painting brick and mortar and stick like crazy. It was also great for painting shingled mansard roofs.
Fuller O'Brien paints went kaput. They had a great product line.
My hubs is having memories from this post...lol Thanks.

Bozo's Circus.
4EDPITN4TVBMDFRNZT5G4PWOGU.jpg

We still have Big Boys locally, but I had intended to post about Burger Chef. To me, it was far and away the best of the fast food burger companies. I loved their flame broiled burgers, especially the Big Chef. I liked it much better than the Big Mac and the Big Boy.

Burger Chef was bought out by Hardees, and they hold the rights to the Burger Chef menu. Several years ago, Hardee's sold the original Big Chef for couple weeks one summer. I had a guy in front of me order 25 of them.

There is a local chain in WV called Suzi's that operates out of old Burger Chefs. They have the same menu as BC, except the product names are different.

wmmenu87676138.jpeg

I know, right? I was finding it cringe worthy while I watched.
I remember my mate's grandad when I was about 8, a nasty old guy that fought in both World wars preaching to us about the reason the World was bad is because they gave women the right to vote. Growing up in the new free hippy era with a very young but great mum this really shook me and made me angry even at that age. It was good for him that he never spruiked that to my grandma :gun: lol.

I grew up watching TV commercials for all the toy manufacturers of the day....Marx, Ideal, Topper, Remco., etc. They were standard fare during Saturday morning cartoons, and started to slip into prime time around mid November.

With the exception of Mattel, they are all gone.
The guy that did these commercials must have made a fortune. That voice is stuck in all of our heads.