Discontinued/Defunct Brands and Products

The guy that did these commercials must have made a fortune. That voice is stuck in all of our heads.
That guy was an early children's TV host in Chicago, then New York. I can't remember his name.

Reactions: Lynne
View attachment 37635
Still missing this candy bar. They were the best ever.
There are a number of retro candy manufacturers who've bought the rights to and produce various vintage candies. There is also a regional chain of old time candy shops in my area that sells stuff I haven't seen since I was a kid. Next time we visit, I'll see if they have this bar.

You might to investigate if this, or something similar, is made in the UK. I found a number of candy bars in the UK and Ireland that were the same as, or similar to, bars here but sold under different names.

That guy was an early children's TV host in Chicago, then New York. I can't remember his name.
His voice is iconic
There are a number of retro candy manufacturers who've bought the rights to and produce various vintage candies. There is also a regional chain of old time candy shops in my area that sells stuff I haven't seen since I was a kid. Next time we visit, I'll see if they have this bar.

You might to investigate if this, or something similar, is made in the UK. I found a number of candy bars in the UK and Ireland that were the same as, or similar to, bars here but sold under different names.
thanks

I remember my mate's grandad when I was about 8, a nasty old guy that fought in both World wars preaching to us about the reason the World was bad is because they gave women the right to vote. Growing up in the new free hippy era with a very young but great mum this really shook me and made me angry even at that age. It was good for him that he never spruiked that to my grandma :gun: lol.
When I was younger, my bank still required a "man's name" on an account. It wasn't until after 1974 that I could have an account in my own name. I was 21, divorced and had a child, and up until that time my dad had to be on my account for me to have one.

When I was younger, my bank still required a "man's name" on an account. It wasn't until after 1974 that I could have an account in my own name. I was 21, divorced and had a child, and up until that time my dad had to be on my account for me to have one.
I get down sometimes the way the World is heading but things like that make me think the good old days really sucked, lol and gives some hope for it's future. Funny how, if not thinking too deep we only remember the good parts, lol.

I get down sometimes the way the World is heading but things like that make me think the good old days really sucked, lol and gives some hope for it's future. Funny how, if not thinking too deep we only remember the good parts, lol.
The world is ever changing...some good, so parts bad. Which is why it's good to look back and see what's behind, never forgetting we live in the now.

I've recently had a few "walk into the wall of real time" situations when I see that a product I used is no longer made! lol

Reactions: ozentity
The world is ever changing...some good, so parts bad. Which is why it's good to look back and see what's behind, never forgetting we live in the now.

I've recently had a few "walk into the wall of real time" situations when I see that a product I used is no longer made! lol
When we were moving into a new place, we had hired a couple of young guys to help us with the heavy stuff. I had unpacked my desk phone and set it on the kitchen counter. One of the guys spotted it, and exclaimed, "Wow! I only ever saw a phone like that in old movies!" Boy, did I feel old!:blush:

• Haha
Reactions: ozentity and Debi
When we were moving into a new place, we had hired a couple of young guys to help us with the heavy stuff. I had unpacked my desk phone and set it on the kitchen counter. One of the guys spotted it, and exclaimed, "Wow! I only ever saw a phone like that in old movies!" Boy, did I feel old!:blush:
LOL Ohhh, Garnet...it's stuff like that that makes my head hurt when I hit it. My son just spent some time explaining to his dad why he can't look something up in the "phone book"....which no longer exists in my area.

Reactions: garnetsilver
LOL Ohhh, Garnet...it's stuff like that that makes my head hurt when I hit it. My son just spent some time explaining to his dad why he can't look something up in the "phone book"....which no longer exists in my area.
We still get phone books delivered annually to our house, but it's only Yellow Pages. Mrs Duke still has a phone book for her home town from the early 90s. I have tried a number of times to get her to pitch it, but she insists we keep it since, "Some of the numbers might still be good.".

I used to keep a phone book in my trunk in case I had to look up an address for a place I needed to go, or to find a place to eat when on the road. Smart phones do all of that now. Sigh.

Reactions: 7Critter and Duke