Disclosure

Oz Oddball

Reaction score
So I have been racking my brain thinking about disclosure and how the murmurings are that we are getting closer but all I can think about is how could we trust the world governments that have spent decades telling us that we are crazy? I mean if I tell my children a lie their whole life then tell them the truth after years of lies I would expect them to not believe anything that comes out of my mouth again. So if that is the case then why would a government risk losing the trust of a whole populous through disclosure? and how could we believe anything they say?

I am just curious on other points of view on this I just feel that even if they went full disclosure tomorrow I would still be on the side of are they telling the truth?

Reactions: Donna K. and Mokey
So I have been racking my brain thinking about disclosure and how the murmurings are that we are getting closer but all I can think about is how could we trust the world governments that have spent decades telling us that we are crazy? I mean if I tell my children a lie their whole life then tell them the truth after years of lies I would expect them to not believe anything that comes out of my mouth again. So if that is the case then why would a government risk losing the trust of a whole populous through disclosure? and how could we believe anything they say?

I am just curious on other points of view on this I just feel that even if they went full disclosure tomorrow I would still be on the side of are they telling the truth?
I don't think we will have any kind of "full disclosure" anytime soon. Why? Because I don't think even the powers that be understand what the heck we're dealing with out there. How can they disclose what they themselves don't understand completely? Nope. Not happening. Slow leaks of "well, there's something out there" may happen, but that's about what I see happening.

I don't think we will have any kind of "full disclosure" anytime soon. Why? Because I don't think even the powers that be understand what the heck we're dealing with out there. How can they disclose what they themselves don't understand completely? Nope. Not happening. Slow leaks of "well, there's something out there" may happen, but that's about what I see happening.

As I've said before, in military/government circles, knowledge is power. The other side of that coin is admitting you don't know something is a sign of weakness. I was in that world for over thirty years, silence is far preferable to admitting you are not in the know, and therefore powerless over a situation you would reasonably be expected to be able to affect.

I agree with both of your points, I sometimes feel like there are groups out there that have been so starved for information that a single crumb from the table will sustain them even if said crumb is poison to the system.

I agree with both of your points, I sometimes feel like there are groups out there that have been so starved for information that a single crumb from the table will sustain them even if said crumb is poison to the system.

Yep, the AATIP farce is a great example. Although not necessarily "poison," the fact so many in the UFO business put so much stock in a lowly $4M a year earmarked pork program paid for with plus-up funds shows how starved they were for that crumb, as well as how little they understand the DoD funding process.

Yep, the AATIP farce is a great example. Although not necessarily "poison," the fact so many in the UFO business put so much stock in a lowly $4M a year earmarked pork program paid for with plus-up funds shows how starved they were for that crumb, as well as how little they understand the DoD funding process.
That's a really good point Duke the funding and routing of these funds is not something that people think about much, also it does concern me that there are multimillion dollar companies that ask for public funding promising so much it feels like modern pyramid schemes.

Reactions: Donna K. and Debi