Dip it...

I'm a mild to maybe medium kinda girl, but my son lives on Pepcid Complete so he can eat the hot. :confused:
I ate a little shriveled up red pepper that was in some volcano chicken ONE TIME.
Did you ever find out what kind of pepper that was???

No, they actually grew them themselves in a little garden behind the restaurant. They said that they had brought the seeds with them when they left Vietnam. I suspect that it was some form of dried Thai or Vietnamese Chilli Pepper. It gives there volcano chicken a wonderful taste and aroma but you do NOT want to put the pepper in your mouth. It is a dark red long slender pepper.

No, they actually grew them themselves in a little garden behind the restaurant. They said that they had brought the seeds with them when they left Vietnam. I suspect that it was some form of dried Thai or Vietnamese Chilli Pepper. It gives there volcano chicken a wonderful taste and aroma but you do NOT want to put the pepper in your mouth. It is a dark red long slender pepper.
You are my hero lol. No way I could go that hot!

If you had been raised eating hot peppers and spicy foods you would have a certain level of immunity to the more normal hot. We always grew peppers and had several different kinds. I use hot sauce like some people use ketchup and put it on almost anything. I use it instead of black pepper on my eggs. I LOVE stuffed cream cheese japalinos wrapped in bacon and cooked on the grill! The hotter the beter.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
If you had been raised eating hot peppers and spicy foods you would have a certain level of immunity to the more normal hot. We always grew peppers and had several different kinds. I use hot sauce like some people use ketchup and put it on almost anything. I use it instead of black pepper on my eggs. I LOVE stuffed cream cheese japalinos wrapped in bacon and cooked on the grill! The hotter the beter.
The bacon wrapped stuffed peppers sound good. Do you stuff them with cream cheese?

Reactions: Debi
I love cream cheese. we also sometimes stuff them with crated cheddar. We use a coring tool that we got from Amazon to take the seeds out without having to open it more than just cut the stem top off and that has made it a lot easier and you can stuff it better.
31m9al6gaDL._AC_.jpg

I love cream cheese. we also sometimes stuff them with crated cheddar. We use a coring tool that we got from Amazon to take the seeds out without having to open it more than just cut the stem top off and that has made it a lot easier and you can stuff it better.
31m9al6gaDL._AC_.jpg
AHA! I now know what that tool is for!

We buy the frozen stuffed ones with cream cheese. Love those things. We've done them wrapped with bacon before as well.

Reactions: Lynne
When they are in season we can get japalinos that are huge 4" to 4 1/2" long and 1" to 1 1/2" in diameter. They are fantastic to core and stuff. You can control the heat by putting some of the membranes that you take out with the seeds into the cream cheese. Did you know that if you carefully totally remove the yellow membrane and seeds that the meat of the japalino is totally without heat and tastes like the best bell pepper that you ever tasted? Try this, carefully slice the meat off the sides of the pepper. Don't go deep enough to get into the seed cavity. Take a bite it is SWEET not hot at all. If you want to be mean slice a piece off and say how sweet it is and then had the pepper to someone else. If they bite it, it is going to be hot. All the capsaicin is in the oil in the membranes and on the seeds, none is on the flesh.

Reactions: Lynne
When they are in season we can get japalinos that are huge 4" to 4 1/2" long and 1" to 1 1/2" in diameter. They are fantastic to core and stuff. You can control the heat by putting some of the membranes that you take out with the seeds into the cream cheese. Did you know that if you carefully totally remove the yellow membrane and seeds that the meat of the japalino is totally without heat and tastes like the best bell pepper that you ever tasted? Try this, carefully slice the meat off the sides of the pepper. Don't go deep enough to get into the seed cavity. Take a bite it is SWEET not hot at all. If you want to be mean slice a piece off and say how sweet it is and then had the pepper to someone else. If they bite it, it is going to be hot. All the capsaicin is in the oil in the membranes and on the seeds, none is on the flesh.
I'll give that a try on the skin. I do love the flavor, but the heat is often too much for me with them. We eat a lot of Mexican food and I would add those into it more often if the heat wasn't quite so bad! As it is, I have them on the side for the guys to add at will. :)

Now I’m raising the fridge. Dan makes me think about food.

Reactions: Debi