Dino eggs found perfectly preserved

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Chinese Jurassic Park? Perfectly-preserved 130 MILLION year old DINOSAUR EGGS found

Chinese Jurassic Park? Perfectly-preserved 130 MILLION year old DINOSAUR EGGS found
BUILDERS in China have stunned palaeontologists after discovering a hoard of 130 million-year-old dinosaur eggs on Christmas Day.

The construction workers were reportedly preparing to dig up the site of a school in the southeast Chinese province of Jiangxi when they made the stunning find.

The hoard consists of 20 oval-shaped eggs made of 2mm-thick black shell, which experts say date back to at least the Cretaceous period.

According to local reports, the building site was immediately shut down while scientists recovered the eggs.

Photos taken show they appear to be intact – although further examinations have yet to be made.

5a442ec17204b_eggs1.jpg

It means the region in China which they were found was once home to at least 20 separate species of dinosaur.

Previous discoveries of perfectly-preserved eggs like these have raised hopes of bringing the prehistoric beasts back to life – in something reminiscent of the blockbuster Jurassic Park films.

Just weeks ago, a 99 million-year-old tick holding onto a feather of a dinosaur was found – something that indicates the parasite fed on the blood of dinosaurs.

The find is so incredible because it is incredibly rare to find a parasite with its host and provides the clearest evidence yet that ticks dined on dino blood.

And the blood from the tick could theoretically be used to bring back the extinct creatures.

So! The question is...should we clone them if we can?
I say let’s do just one for fun. We can handle one. No breeding population. Let’s keep it in China too. Then We can watch the whole thing on a live web cam. What do ya think?

I think it would be incredible to bring one to life. I don't like the idea of creating life from anything, or definitely not cross-breeding, but bringing a dinosaur to life would be amazing. China can create anything, so let them do it like Lynne said.

Reactions: Lynne
So! The question is...should we clone them if we can?
have you not watched Jurassic park? lol... but i do think it is a bad idea to try and clone any huge animal/dino.they would eventually break loose and cause havok.

Reactions: Debi
have you not watched Jurassic park? lol... but i do think it is a bad idea to try and clone any huge animal/dino.they would eventually break loose and cause havok.
You just know someone, somewhere, is gonna give it a shot....sigh.

Reactions: Lynne
Oh come on. Just one :D