Differences

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What pronounced differences of opinion on food or other day-to-day issues have you found between your spouse/partner/family members/friends?

Opposites are said to attract, but the fight over the type of mattress is an ongoing battle at my house...he likes firm and I need one that resembles a marshmallow.

Utah, my sincerest condolences.

I suppose White Sox fans and Cubs fans barely tolerate one another. It's a real thing and can get very heated at times. The day I realized I was an emotionally mature adult was at Walgreens. I'm wearing a White Sox hat and an old timer was wearing his Cubs hat. Cubs had just won the World Series and I told the old guy I was really happy for him.

I always wondered if cities with two baseball teams have a similar rivalry?
( But I have to admit Wrigley Field is a great place to watch the game.)

With us it ambient temperature and comfort. Mrs Duke's comfort zone is 72°-74°F. Below that she's cold, above it she's hot. ( When I recommended she have her thermostat checked, she gives me that look.) I prefer to be cold, seems to help my fibromyalgia, but generally am fine in just about any setting as long as I'm dressed for it.

Other big difference is how loud we like our music. She likes her's seemingly just above a whisper, I Iike it loud.

My daughter put ketchup on her hot dogs too, until one day when she was about 15, surprised both her mom and I (her mom liked ketchup on them too) when she declared, "OMG dad is right. Ketchup doesn't work on hot dogs for me anymore."

Ive seldom been so proud, lol.

My daughter put ketchup on her hot dogs too, until one day when she was about 15, surprised both her mom and I (her mom liked ketchup on them too) when she declared, "OMG dad is right. Ketchup doesn't work on hot dogs for me anymore."

Ive seldom been so proud, lol.
Visit Chicago and ask for ketchup on a dog...you'll be run out of the city...lol

H'm, let's see...temperature. I like my house morgue cold, too; like Duke, it seems to help my Fibromyalgia. Mr. Garnet grew up in Florida so he can tolerate heat a lot better. (To his credit, he is loving the cold now, when we can open windows at night and bundle up in blankets is the best sleep ever.)

Music I prefer is quiet, he likes it loud. I like A/C in the car, he doesn't. He prefers dogs, I prefer cats, but he has learned to love cats almost as much as I do. And Debi, I do encourage long underwear when it's too cold for his comfort, lol.

Last edited: