Did you...

They just put ice in drinks when you go out because it takes up space in the glass so you get less drink. My dad would always tell them not to in advance.
Yes, I usually ask for "no ice". Unless it's for a Pimms, of course, or a G&T :D

Oh, to go to a pub again! Or a restaurant.....or anywhere! *Sighs longingly*

• Love it
Reactions: Lynne and Benway
We have those too! But it's it's own thing. Big tub of crushed ice with lots of food colouring! Mmmmn.
Slush Puppies? Was that just an 80s thing or do they still exist?

Reactions: Benway
They went at least into the 90s, but I don't know if the ones I've seen later were Slush Puppies or not.
I just remember there being a choice of either red or blue. If only life were that simple now! :laughing:

Reactions: Benway
I just remember there being a choice of either red or blue. If only life were that simple now! :laughing:
As it was, so it is again. In recent years it has been so. The bad part was the 1990ish wild flavours phase. I bought one which was called something like 'Frankenstein's Swamp Water' and was the sort of colour which would cause some alarm if it came out of your nose. It tasted as bad as it sounds. Actually, it tasted worse! I never want to know what was in that. It was much worse than Soda Stream; which was at least explicable, but this was like somebody went into a lab cackling on a stormy night and tried to create something which actually tasted like it sounded.
I suppose I was warned and have only myself to blame.