Did you...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
DRIVE IN MOVIES ARE COMING BACK. I VOTE FOR THIS TO COME BACK, TOO! WHAT DID YOU ORDER AND DO YOU REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE PLACE?

94518044_2725404251004450_7471505119343804416_n.jpg

Oh yes!

Sonics of course since they are a contemporary restaurant.
A & W - Baby Burgers.
Oscar’s Drive-In - my Sister worked there as a car hop but I don’t recall their menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulm and Debi
I love going to the movies. The drive in is one of my favs. Idk why they went out of fashion. I’m ready for the comeback. I miss movie popcorn. I don’t know why I can’t duplicate it at home. Anyone have the answer?

Reactions: Paulm
our local drive in is still open, its still pretty cool even though it has changed over the years. when I was a teen / early 20's back in the 80's,. it (the drive in) had a full service restaurant and arcade with pool tables and video games, was a hangout spot where everyone would meet up and chill for a while..( it was always a triple feature, though I don't think anyone actually went for the movies..). trying to find paradise by the dashboard lights....lol....( had to throw a 70's- 80's themed shout out in there somewhere....lol)...which also makes me remember the radio stations back then doing dedications and requests....
the drive in now is cool as it allows you to bring a grill and cooler and basically "tailgate" during the movie....ppl are walking around, grilling etc, just a casual party atmosphere...in a way not much different I guess...lol

Last edited:
Paul I hear you loud and clear.
Whenever I have a job in this town in Northwest Indiana I make sure to grab a cheeseburger.
5c467df19acfe.image.jpg it is a car show for guys that have some really cool stuff. As for drive-in movies, I once painted the world's largest drive-in movie screen in Indianapolis Indiana. Tibbs Drive Inn. I was sitting at the country clubs men's Grill when I heard somebody complaining that nobody knew how to tackle that job. Well as your friendly local painting contractor I was up for the challenge:)
So that is my story about how I broke into the movie business.
I think what is kind of cool is this was the kicking off point when Debi and I formed a friendship. She mentioned that she lived near Indianapolis. I went through the Rolodex of jobs that I did in that area and came up with Tibbs Drive-In.
Friendships start in lots of unusual ways.:)

I think I need to call those guys up and do a redo

Reactions: Debi