Did you...

My family ate lunch at grandmas farmhouse table daily. Grandma and grandpa, Uncle and mom and siblings & and a cousin who was a raisin inspector' had lunch together every day.

Dad & cousins came too when in town/ everyone fit on the big bench with adults getting their own chair. Every day my grandma served bread, butter, salad, and poured ice water & wine with oranges floating in homemade wine from the vineyard. The menu was set. Squid or fish on Friday, soup on Saturday, Spaghetti with meatballs, ribs or doves rajole in the sauce on Sunday, stew on Wednesday, spaghetti and rare and special tree mushrooms on Thursday...

Wow kindergarten was a letdown- despite great weekends.

My mom always served supper usually upset it was always something or leaving in tears. But it was just us kids and her.

Friday & Saturday parents went out & dropped off me with country grandma at her friends home in the walnut grove to eat fig cookies for supper , or town grandma for Angelos drive in meals.

Cheers to family meals/

We usually ate tog unless someone had a job that took them away. Mom made just enough for 4 people. If you missed dinner bets were that your portion was eaten. It was cereal or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to fill your belly later.

I also have fond memories of family picnics, where Dad would lighten up on being strict, and beam at all his children as he set up the remote camera. We had slides back then, and we would go home and look at a slide show of the day. He always had a grill fired up for hamburgers and hotdogs, and a cooler full of soda. My grandparents would come along, too! Dad was an awful cook in my early childhood, but dominated the kitchen. After they divorced, my mother tortured us for awhile with meals learned from her brand new cook book. Some of them were quite...interesting!:eek: