Did you ever...

When I first started working in Hollywood I worked in various crew positions. I was young and cocky then and thought nothing of going to parties when I had to work the next morning. The trouble is film production days are often 12 hours or more and my work might require me to drive a prop truck, work in high places, or do other activities requiring alertness to avoid injuries. So, I quickly learned that partying on work nights was not a good idea and knocked it off.

Yes - really bad - no.

Only ever did it once. Unfortunately, I was in the military at the time and, during the middle of a weekend binge, I realised that on this particular Saturday night I was supposed to be on camp guard duty..............

Raced back to camp to see the guys lining up for the Inspection parade. Rushed to get ready (looking like a sack of potatoes) and was not permitted to join the hand-over parade (they hid me in the back of the guardroom).

This stunt cost me 3 days of '6 and 10' (OC's punishment of parading and being inspected at 6 in the morning (followed by a 30-minute 'beasting') and 10 at night in parade dress, or more commonly known as No.2 dress) as I was charged for being late on duty. As I was honest and open with the Guard Commander, I missed a charge of being 'Drunk on Duty', which would have resulted in a few days in the 'nick', and that would have been really unpleasant........

I was worked like a dog for the next 24 hours (only being allowed 4 hours of sleep) which, quite honestly, I deserved for messing up big time............

All the time when I was young and unattached!!! I would just drive to the place I worked and in the morning the boss would wake me up. My life was ever so much more peaceful once I met my wife. She had to be home by midnight and I then had instructions to go home.

There’s nothing better than be out with the boys till 2 or 3 in the morning and then being in the watermelon fields at 6:30 a.m....you could help the hangover by breaking a few melons open

Reactions: garnetsilver