Did you ever eat these?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Did you have a favorite and do you eat any frozen dinners now?

Yes. Once they were awful. Now they are less awful. In any case I'm not going to decline lasagne for £1! It's part of the single man lifestyle! :D

Bonus: I got my microwave from an old lady who was upgrading and I think it's an original TV dinner era classic. It's MASSIVE and weighs a ton. Also I have to keep stopping it and manually turning the food as there is no revolving plate. Say what you will about gigantic possibly dangerous late 70s technology. It was built to last!

Reactions: Paulm and 7Critter
Absolutely. I grew up in a working class family where at times my Dad was even working two jobs. So cooking was not a consistent priority for my Mom.

For me, choosing a “TV dinner” was often a trade off of a favorite veggie mix versus a favorite protein-wanna-be versus a favorite dessert.

I remember too that back then waiting 30 minutes for something warming in the oven never really felt as long as nuking something for four minutes in the microwave does today.

Reactions: Paulm and 7Critter
This is what I found

Capture+_2018-07-23-08-54-38.png

Pinnacle now owns Swanson.

Did you have a favorite and do you eat any frozen dinners now?
i Remember a pirate tv dinner when i was a kid i loved those even though the food sucked commercials really had me sold when i was a kid if there was a commercail for a toy or something for kids i wanted it.

Reactions: Paintman