Did Werewolves Really Exist?

MaCan that sounds like dangerous activity. I’m surprised people would do that for entertainment purposes.

Yes ma'am :)
Personally, I think it is a dangerous activity, and I've never encouraged it myself. Tbh, it was the first and the last time I've ever witnessed something like that because I didn't really like what I saw, and I've been trying hard to avoid similar shows eversince.

It is a good thing that here, unless you're a member of a fanatic circle or something similar, nobody will force you to witness such thing if you don't want to. However, in a country where paranormal has been considered to be in the blood of it's people, many people would still consider an Indonesian male who has no guts to watch such a show to be a bit of a strange person.

During his youth, my current master was a capable person of doing such feat for entertainment purpose himself, and due to his talent, he didn't even have to loose his consciousness when he was being possessed. In other words, unlike the person in my reply, my master would remember everything he did after the spirit possessed him gone.
But then, just before he decided to dedicate himself on helping people with his paranormal abilities, all of his spirit advisors demanded him to dismiss the ability in order to purify his energy, besides, 'they' are positive entities, thus they don't actually happy to see people doing such thing only for such a shallow purpose.
And so through a certain ritual, my master dismissed all of his summoning-for-entertainment-only-purpose abilities. Now, he couldn't even remember the commonly short and easy-to-remember summoning spells for such purpose himself let alone teaching it to other people, which is something good, and I'm glad I met him.

He is still capable of summoning spiritual entities to possess him, but he did it for other purposes now; it's either for relaying a message from the other side to a certain living human (to act as a medium, so to say), or to 'borrow' the entities' powers in order to heal people (he of course, can use his own power, but healing people that are sick because of curse or something similar is no easy task. He'd end up exhausted if he kept using his own power, which won't be good either for the people he tried to help or for himself-imagine if he had to collapse before the healing process could be completed).

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway and ozentity
I guess my point is that there is a big world out here.
In the Western World we get spun around with our world when we have amazing accounts happening half a global way.

I don't think that there is a biological explanation for a human to transform backwards and forwards. The idea that bone can change that quickly seems absurd, but I do believe that historically there has been reason to believe in them - and fear them.

If you remember the tale of Hansel & Gretel being abandoned in the woods because their parents could not afford to feed them; This practice did happen in remote villages particularly to disabled children who were a burden to their families. If they could not kill the child then abandonment was the least worst scenario.
One reason for abandoning a child in this way would be a condition called Hypertrichosis - which causes an unusual amount of hair to grow all over the face. This is a real genetic condition still occurring today.
1595715006385.jpeg

The parents may be thought to be cursed or be witches themselves so to avoid their persecution may abandon the child instead.
The problem then arises of what that person then eats. Perhaps they would steal from the villagers late at night and live in the woods, a few eggs, a chicken, a sheep now and then - eaten raw because they could not cook, but always in hiding because of their embarrassment.

And so you get a legend of a wolf man living in the woods killing chickens and sheep - and something to be afraid of.
Fortunately now we embrace our differences - and our wolf people. The girl in the picture is quite proud of the fact.

There is another side that my partner knows more about - that of the real Lunatics. Mostly mental patients, but it is a known fact in hospitals that when there is a full moon there is a lot more activity and problems to deal with. Probably where the name Lunatic originates. -
" The word stems from the Latin "luna" meaning moon, with the "atic" suffix meaning "of the kind of", according to the Oxford English Dictionary. The OED says the word originally referred to a kind of insanity supposedly dependent on the phases of the moon. "
Certainly still seems to be the case.

Reactions: Debi