Did Hawass find Nefertiti's tomb?

I hope we get DNA results. He is not a likeable guy but he has uncovered a lot of tombs

Reactions: Selectric
He does have an aura about him. I don't know a whole lot about him, but always wondered if his motives are to 'keep it in the family'. Figure all those years ago foreign researchers came in and excavated their tombs, no doubt taking treasures with them. Might not be the only reason, but could be one of many factors. I would have to read more about him to really put a definite behind my assumption.

He does have an aura about him. I don't know a whole lot about him, but always wondered if his motives are to 'keep it in the family'. Figure all those years ago foreign researchers came in and excavated their tombs, no doubt taking treasures with them. Might not be the only reason but could be one of many factors. I would have to read more about him to really put a definite behind my assumption.
Just my opinion, but I believe he is politically motivated. This is how he managed to keep that job longer than the country's age limit. He believes all the wonders built there were made by the Egyptians regardless of any findings to the contrary. He keeps the belief parameters of what happened when, intact. I don't think that is how a scientist should work. Now maybe I have it all wrong, but this is how i have pictured him.

Just my opinion, but I believe he is politically motivated. This is how he managed to keep that job longer than the country's age limit. He believes all the wonders built there were made by the Egyptians regardless of any findings to the contrary. He keeps the belief parameters of what happened when, intact. I don't think that is how a scientist should work. Now maybe I have it all wrong, but this is how i have pictured him.
I think he's got a LOT of pull over there. Possibly just because he knows what skeletons are in who's closet...pardon the kinda pun there.

Hawass was fired (or quit, per him) from his position as Antiquities Minister over 10 years ago. He was in a lot of hot water at that time facing various charges. I don't know what came of that. Now he works for Egypt's Ministry of Tourism giving lectures and appearing on TV shows, etc.