Developing your skills

In my own experience's (and this is just me) I long ago stopped 'trying to connect' with ... well ... stuff. I seem to be quite successful in that but the outcome has proven to be quite... uhmmm... uncomfortable. I only once actually 'summoned' and that went from uncomfortable to horrific. So. That was a lesson not forgotten.

Now, and for the last many years, I just go about my business, my life -- 'not focusing' as you say. I might be washing dishes or reading or carrying out the trash -- and I will stop what I am doing and pick up a notebook and pen and go sit quietly on the porch... and wait. It may be minutes or it may be hours, but the connection is made and I write or sketch or transmit the 'message' ... without much knowledge of my environment/surroundings nor what I have put down on paper until it is done. Some people tell me this is automatic writing, or channeling... but it is neither of those. It is a conversation.
I have had a few experiences where I have experienced something similar. It usually happens in the middle of the night, I wake up with this sudden urge to write something. I always keep a notebook close to me at all times, especially when I go to sleep. Nearly every time this has happened I wake up the next morning knowing that I woke up and wrote something but I have no memory of what I wrote. A lot of the time I am not sure what any of it means but some how they start to make sense sooner or later. There are some that I still have no idea what they mean even to this day, but I have hope that the will eventually makes sense. I also think that they don't make a lot of sense to me because I tend lack experience when it comes to dream work and receiving messages through dreams. These things have only started recently and the combination of lack of knowing and I am a super heavy sleeper.
I have been thinking a lot lately about stopping trying to connect with the other side on purpose. I do tarot readings a s like a small side job, and I have a few clients that do ask for messages and connection with their passed loved one and because of my familiarity with them because they were clients of my aunts when she was a live I don't mind doing it. I have wanted to stop of just not do it as often because it takes a lot of of me, and in the past I have had some unwanted "guests" follow me home. I have found ways to cleanse myself to prevent being followed but the whole process is draining. And because it is so draining I feel like it leaves me too open and weak to defend myself from energy vampires and negative energies.

Reactions: Donna K. and Paulm
sometimes when meditating some ppl have a hard time reaching a relaxing point, mind is too busy, etc... what works in this case is sometimes intense physical activity, aerobics, running, wrestling/mma/ (excellent and by far my recommendation) etc...then followed by strong meditation, it helps ease the mind..... kind of what the old masters taught in the form of suffering leads to enlightenment.....
I am definitely going to have to try that, especially because you are the third person to recommend that I do meditation after my workout. I was talking to my brothers friend who is a trainer about how after I work out I feel like I have a lot of energy and feel almost too wired to do any regular tasks, and he mentioned that he meditates after working out to calm down. I also had a friend who does similar work as I do say that is what she does. I am going to try doing it today and see how it works for me.

Reactions: Donna K. and Paulm
I am definitely going to have to try that, especially because you are the third person to recommend that I do meditation after my workout. I was talking to my brothers friend who is a trainer about how after I work out I feel like I have a lot of energy and feel almost too wired to do any regular tasks, and he mentioned that he meditates after working out to calm down. I also had a friend who does similar work as I do say that is what she does. I am going to try doing it today and see how it works for me.
depending on how you workout, you may try to ramp it up once or twice a week to feel the full benefits..... a good cross training gym or obstacle course training gym is amazing for this....the latter being a preference.... good luck and let us know how it progresses.

lot of the time I am not sure what any of it means but some how they start to make sense sooner or later. There are some that I still have no idea what they mean even to this day, but I have hope that the will eventually makes sense.

When this first started all those long years ago, none of it made any sense to me at all. I would spend a lot of time researching key word's and concepts which would lead me then into even more research... it was maddening. But I kept everything anyway. After ten years or so I began run into correlations... and things that seemed totally alien to my thinking at the time I recorded them became pieces of a larger picture. I record my dreams also, but they are a separate if just as important part of this thing.

do tarot readings a s like a small side job

I have found ways to cleanse myself to prevent being followed but the whole process is draining.

I did Tarot readings for a year or two for friends and family and even worked for a psychic network for awhile. Most people don't take this stuff seriously, but I did. So that is a huge responsibility. People who seek out these readings are psychologically vulnerable... in need of a deeper thing. In my mind the reader is responsible for any false hope or wrong direction they offer. You are right, the drain can be massive. I laid the cards down and never looked back.

Meditation is a strange thing. The very fact of worrying over meditation and or technique's negate's the act. I used to spend a lot of time 'preparing' to meditate. And then more time attempting to meditate. I finally learned that the art of meditation is to HUSH. Just be still. At least to me..

I have had a few experiences where I have experienced something similar. It usually happens in the middle of the night, I wake up with this sudden urge to write something. I always keep a notebook close to me at all times, especially when I go to sleep. Nearly every time this has happened I wake up the next morning knowing that I woke up and wrote something but I have no memory of what I wrote. A lot of the time I am not sure what any of it means but some how they start to make sense sooner or later. There are some that I still have no idea what they mean even to this day, but I have hope that the will eventually makes sense. I also think that they don't make a lot of sense to me because I tend lack experience when it comes to dream work and receiving messages through dreams. These things have only started recently and the combination of lack of knowing and I am a super heavy sleeper.
I have been thinking a lot lately about stopping trying to connect with the other side on purpose. I do tarot readings a s like a small side job, and I have a few clients that do ask for messages and connection with their passed loved one and because of my familiarity with them because they were clients of my aunts when she was a live I don't mind doing it. I have wanted to stop of just not do it as often because it takes a lot of of me, and in the past I have had some unwanted "guests" follow me home. I have found ways to cleanse myself to prevent being followed but the whole process is draining. And because it is so draining I feel like it leaves me too open and weak to defend myself from energy vampires and negative energies.
Perhaps using shielding techniques might help. We have a thread on that. I personally don’t recommend trying to contact the dead but there are many who do and take protective steps.

Perhaps using shielding techniques might help. We have a thread on that. I personally don’t recommend trying to contact the dead but there are many who do and take protective steps.
I've always felt like I have had good shielding techniques, but I have been having trouble lately. Not to get into too much detail, and go off on a rant. My brother is dating an energy vampire, who thrives on drama and fight. He also invites her over all the time unannounced and every time she comes over I am put in hell, no matter how much I meditate and try to shield I am in a constant state of anxiety and panic. I work from home so I am put in a difficult position where I have to be there to get work done. I have attempted to tell him but my brother is difficult, to say the least. I have been scouring looking for tips and advice on meditating and shielding because I am going a tad insane.
I also just feel like there has been a weird energy shift going on lately and everything feels out of sorts. My mind is all over the place right now I keep getting deja vu that is lasting for a lot longer than normal, as well as this feeling I am forgetting or missing something. I think I just need to find better methods of shielding and meditation.
Sorry for the weird rant.

Reactions: Donna K.
Good Morning WK, can you give a quick comparative statement...how long did your typical deja vu last in the past? How long do your more recent deja vu seem to last?
In the past it would be quick like maybe 2 or 3 minutes at most, but recently it's been at least 10 minutes the longest has been about 30. As well as I would get deja vu maybe once every month or so, not very common. Now it feels like I am getting it every other day, sometimes more than once in a day. In the past most of my deja vu happened while doing things around the house so I've always been able to write it off as memories of repetitive tasks. Rarely was it ever anything that couldn't be explained by that. And when ever it was I knew to take notice. Now it's deja vu of things that are random and not easily explained. I've never really looked into deja vu, mostly because I have always felt that, for me, it's been easily explained. So now that I am having it to the extent that I am, I'm beginning to suspect that it maybe something more that just memories of repetitive tasks.

In the past it would be quick like maybe 2 or 3 minutes at most, but recently it's been at least 10 minutes the longest has been about 30. As well as I would get deja vu maybe once every month or so, not very common. Now it feels like I am getting it every other day, sometimes more than once in a day. In the past most of my deja vu happened while doing things around the house so I've always been able to write it off as memories of repetitive tasks. Rarely was it ever anything that couldn't be explained by that. And when ever it was I knew to take notice. Now it's deja vu of things that are random and not easily explained. I've never really looked into deja vu, mostly because I have always felt that, for me, it's been easily explained. So now that I am having it to the extent that I am, I'm beginning to suspect that it maybe something more that just memories of repetitive tasks.

In my 20s and 30s, my premonitions trended similar to what you are describing. The approximate length and frequency was the same. I’d suggest they might be precognition. Seemed for me that most of my premonitions were about inconsequential stuff but much of it was unique enough to be memorable such that later I could recall “when” I’d experienced the precog version of the event for the first time.

Last edited:
In my 20s and 30s, my premonitions trended similar to what you are describing. The approximate lengthy and frequency was the same. I’d suggest they might be precognition. Seemed for me that most of my premonitions were about inconsequential stuff but much of it was unique enough to be memorable such that later I could recall “when” I’d experienced the precog version of the event for the first time.
It hadn't even crossed my mind that these could be premonitions, and not just deja vu. I have only ever experienced premonitions a small handful of times, and because they most often happen during dreams, or during meditation, the connection to what I have been experiencing just didn't click.