Developing your skills

I think that is the case with me! Once in a while I can see what someone is doing although they are miles away; usually only relatives, though. Once, I was about to call my brother who lives in a different state than I do. I got this flash of seeing him putting on his coat, so I hurried and dialed his number. When he answered, he said he was just about to head out to the store. I can't do this on demand, though, just once in a while. Would that qualify as remote viewing?
That's a cool story. And is common to have that connection with family, relatives, and sometimes close friends. But I think I have to agree with WandS that I'm not sure that would be remote viewing... Could be a premonition type occurrence or just the way you are receiving / processing the information.....

That's a cool story. And is common to have that connection with family, relatives, and sometimes close friends. But I think I have to agree with WandS that I'm not sure that would be remote viewing... Could be a premonition type occurrence or just the way you are receiving / processing the information.....
good response!

This gives me food for thought! I have had similar things occur, and never knew how to classify them.:cool:

I was just watching a show on TV called Tyler Henry Hollywood Medium, I have been a fan of the show for quite some time and Tyler appears to be a genuine and talented medium. While I was watching the show he was explaining his method for connecting with spirits, and it got me wondering if anyone has ever heard of methods similar or have even tried it themselves. What he does is he scribbles on a sheet of paper while he tries to connect. He says that it is a way of meditation for him.
I tend to scribble and doodle on the sides of my papers mindlessly all the time, and it has me wondering if I were to try and focus on my gifts more while I do that would it maybe help me connect stronger to things. And in my experience I have noticed that when I am not focusing on any specific task or just mindlessly doing something I am more perceptible to connecting with energies and spirits randomly.

While I was watching the show he was explaining his method for connecting with spirits, and it got me wondering if anyone has ever heard of methods similar or have even tried it themselves. What he does is he scribbles on a sheet of paper while he tries to connect. He says that it is a way of meditation for him.
I tend to scribble and doodle on the sides of my papers mindlessly all the time, and it has me wondering if I were to try and focus on my gifts more while I do that would it maybe help me connect stronger to things. And in my experience I have noticed that when I am not focusing on any specific task or just mindlessly doing something I am more perceptible to connecting with energies and spirits randomly.

In my own experience's (and this is just me) I long ago stopped 'trying to connect' with ... well ... stuff. I seem to be quite successful in that but the outcome has proven to be quite... uhmmm... uncomfortable. I only once actually 'summoned' and that went from uncomfortable to horrific. So. That was a lesson not forgotten.

Now, and for the last many years, I just go about my business, my life -- 'not focusing' as you say. I might be washing dishes or reading or carrying out the trash -- and I will stop what I am doing and pick up a notebook and pen and go sit quietly on the porch... and wait. It may be minutes or it may be hours, but the connection is made and I write or sketch or transmit the 'message' ... without much knowledge of my environment/surroundings nor what I have put down on paper until it is done. Some people tell me this is automatic writing, or channeling... but it is neither of those. It is a conversation.

I was just watching a show on TV called Tyler Henry Hollywood Medium, I have been a fan of the show for quite some time and Tyler appears to be a genuine and talented medium. While I was watching the show he was explaining his method for connecting with spirits, and it got me wondering if anyone has ever heard of methods similar or have even tried it themselves. What he does is he scribbles on a sheet of paper while he tries to connect. He says that it is a way of meditation for him.
I scribble and doodle 24-7, but not for that reason...just something I do out of habit to inspire ideas for future projects in art,. for him I would agree it is just a form of meditation, which would be the real "exercise" here.... while I don't try to make contact with the deceased or go hunting for "ghost" I would agree that meditation is a key form of opening up for growing your gifts/abilities...there are many exercises you can do to go into a deeper meditative state starting with just basic relaxation teachings...
here is one exercise everyone can try, if I can explain it properly through writing alone. may be a little basic for everyone here but ya got to start somewhere....lol...and there may be a few who see the difference, so here goes....

to start off just close your eyes and take a deep breath, "see" yourself pulling in energy and just relax....with every breath, pull the energy of the world into yourself, "see" it happening in your mind....just pull it in and let it go.....and relax..
try that a few times, is there a difference in how you feel???, do you feel more open?...try this a few times before proceeding to the next paragraph/exercise.
next, after a break of a few minutes do the same thing, take a deep breath and "see" yourself absorbing the energy around you....but this time focus on all the energy...all that surrounds you , before you, beside you and behind you,.....deep breath and "see" the energy behind you .....all around you ........relax....... don't focus just on whats ahead of you . let the third eye see infinity, everything.......did you notice a difference?...
I do beleave meditation can be a strong exercise and tool to be used for calming down and focusing our energies where we want or need them to be......so, after all this writing, lol , yes I do think he is doing what helps him, just in his own kinda way....

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I scribble and doodle 24-7, but not for that reason...just something I do out of habit to inspire ideas for future projects in art,. for him I would agree it is just a form of meditation, which would be the real "exercise" here.... while I don't try to make contact with the deceased or go hunting for "ghost" I would agree that meditation is a key form of opening up for growing your gifts/abilities...there are many exercises you can do to go into a deeper meditative state starting with just basic relaxation teachings...
here is one exercise everyone can try, if I can explain it properly through writing alone. may be a little basic for everyone here but ya got to start somewhere....lol...and there may be a few who see the difference, so here goes....

to start off just close your eyes and take a deep breath, "see" yourself pulling in energy and just relax....with every breath, pull the energy of the world into yourself, "see" it happening in your mind....just pull it in and let it go.....and relax..
try that a few times, is there a difference in how you feel???, do you feel more open?...try this a few times before proceeding to the next paragraph/exercise.
next, after a break of a few minutes do the same thing, take a deep breath and "see" yourself absorbing the energy around you....but this time focus on all the energy...all that surrounds you , before you, beside you and behind you,.....deep breath and "see" the energy behind you .....all around you ........relax....... don't focus just on whats ahead of you . let the third eye see infinity, everything.......did you notice a difference?...
I do beleave meditation can be a strong exercise and tool to be used for calming down and focusing our energies where we want or need them to be......so, after all this writing, lol , yes I do think he is doing what helps him, just in his own kinda way....
I have done meditation a lot in the past to try and focus or connect stronger with my gifts, but I have always felt that I have not found the right method that works for me. I always try and find new ways and methods to meditate, not just to connect but to relax and find calmness. I don't often try and connect with spirits, but I do tarot readings and I have a few clients who do ask for messages or connections to loved ones who have since past and I have connected in the past but it has often ended in attachments and unwanted "guests" following me home. But thankfully I have found a way to cleanse myself after readings that works, but I have often wondered that when I try and connect to that side of my gifts if it somehow send out a kind of beacon to other spirits.

I have done meditation a lot in the past to try and focus or connect stronger with my gifts, but I have always felt that I have not found the right method that works for me. I always try and find new ways and methods to meditate, not just to connect but to relax and find calmness. I don't often try and connect with spirits, but I do tarot readings and I have a few clients who do ask for messages or connections to loved ones who have since past and I have connected in the past but it has often ended in attachments and unwanted "guests" following me home. But thankfully I have found a way to cleanse myself after readings that works, but I have often wondered that when I try and connect to that side of my gifts if it somehow send out a kind of beacon to other spirits.
sometimes when meditating some ppl have a hard time reaching a relaxing point, mind is too busy, etc... what works in this case is sometimes intense physical activity, aerobics, running, wrestling/mma/TMA (excellent and by far my recommendation) etc...then followed by strong meditation, it helps ease the mind..... kind of what the old masters taught in the form of suffering leads to enlightenment.....

Last edited:
Reactions: WitchAndShaman