News Detroit residents resorting to paintball to reduce gang violence

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
The idea behind this is if everyone who wanted to kill you just shot you with a paintball gun, the city just needs to scrub the paint off houses, not pick up bodies. Doesn’t really matter in my opinion because paintballing someone or their house is assault with a weapon and vandalism respectively.

The video doesn’t share whether or not this has reduced gang and gun related minders, but some children and bystanders have been shot by these paintballers.

I think people’s hearts are in the right place. They don’t want their friends or neighbours killed. But I think this is still a pretty bad alternative.

Hell. Why not nerf wars? Or water guns?

Reactions: Paintman
From the looks of it this was just a few days. And police put an end to it.

The idea behind this is if everyone who wanted to kill you just shot you with a paintball gun, the city just needs to scrub the paint off houses, not pick up bodies. Doesn’t really matter in my opinion because paintballing someone or their house is assault with a weapon and vandalism respectively.

The video doesn’t share whether or not this has reduced gang and gun related minders, but some children and bystanders have been shot by these paintballers.

I think people’s hearts are in the right place. They don’t want their friends or neighbours killed. But I think this is still a pretty bad alternative.

Hell. Why not nerf wars? Or water guns?
That doesn't mean the gangs have traded in their 9mm's for paintball guns so dont let the media sell you a plot of land in Detroit.

Reactions: Charleh
That doesn't mean the gangs have traded in their 9mm's for paintball guns so dont let the media sell you a plot of land in Detroit.
I’m not fooled at all. If someone wants to kill, they’re gonna kill :(

If it worked it would be maybe the greatest idea in the history of the world. Will it work? Not even a chance. Do I hope it does? Absolutely. Would have been kinda cool to go to Iraq and have a paintball war.