Describe your Hometown...

RoseRed, I remembered that those of you who live on your Island really like Steeplechase. One particular area has the most prestigious races. So I look up the town and then stumbled across the donut. I remember the donut from a Jack Higgins spy novel. ..HQ.
Did I leave enough hints that you think I got the name of your town right ?
And it looks like a really interesting place to live.

Reactions: Lynne
Hot, humid, polluted, lots of refineries and chemical plants, low and only a few feet above sea level. Water and dense forests. Great fishing and hunting. A really nice balance of White, Black, Cajun, and Hispanic peoples that got along really well. Great pay and lots of jobs little affected by the economy. Big enough to have good shopping and schools but not a really BIG city.

One of the places that entertainers come to do their shows an have residency , not too mention theirs lots of gambling an strip clubs.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Originally settled in 1805 as a junction of the Natchez Trace, it was officially named Mt. Salus in 1823 which translates to 'Mountain of Health' when it became home to many settlers including a former governor and later renamed again just five years later while in a bid to become the state capital. It lost, however, but was the third most populous city in the state at the time.

Fast forward nearly 200 years later, it's home. Old Town is a sight to see. The original brick road that runs through the middle of the original town is still intact as are some buildings. We have several restaurants, a natural spring, nature trail and a R.R. Depot that was recently built that also serves as a museum.

A township steep in history.

Formally a village recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086, it has very close ties with the legend of Robin of Loxley, otherwise known as Robin of the Hood (or more commonly, just Robin Hood). It is a mile away from another historic village in the heart of Sherwood Forest said to once be the home of the famous outlaw. Legend has it that it was here, at the beautiful medieval church of St Mary, that Robin married his love, Maid Marian.

Our home is also 13 miles away from Newark Castle where legend suggests that King John died, after a feast at the castle, on the night of 18 October 1216 after contracting dysentery.

Every year, Sherwood Forest, which we just border the edge of in current times, pays tribute to the legend with the 'Robin Hood Festival'. A week's festivities including sword fights, jousting and reliving the tales, and battles, of Robin and Marian as passed down through the ages.

• Love it
Reactions: Debi
A township steep in history.

Formally a village recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086, it has very close ties with the legend of Robin of Loxley, otherwise known as Robin of the Hood (or more commonly, just Robin Hood). It is a mile away from another historic village in the heart of Sherwood Forest said to once be the home of the famous outlaw. Legend has it that it was here, at the beautiful medieval church of St Mary, that Robin married his love, Maid Marian.

Our home is also 13 miles away from Newark Castle where legend suggests that King John died, after a feast at the castle, on the night of 18 October 1216 after contracting dysentery.

Every year, Sherwood Forest, which we just border the edge of in current times, pays tribute to the legend with the 'Robin Hood Festival'. A week's festivities including sword fights, jousting and reliving the tales, and battles, of Robin and Marian as passed down through the ages.
This is so cool!! Wow you live in a magical place for sure.