Describe your Hometown...

My hometown is too easily guessed no matter what I post about it, so I will sit this one out.

It doesnt even look or feel like it did half a century ago anyway. It was as much a particular time, as it was a particular place.

I guess it's true, you can never go home.

Of course. I knew it would, haha! So do you know the town? I know you were in the SW UK at one point...I think?
I know where it is, but have never been there. I've been all around southern England, Wales, and Scotland, both business and pleasure. Furthest north I got was Nottingham.

Reactions: RoseRed and Debi
I know where it is, but have never been there. I've been all around southern England, Wales, and Scotland, both business and pleasure. Furthest north I got was Nottingham.
Scotland's quite far north! :D

Seriously though, Northern England is well worth a visit too, if you get a chance to come back. The Lake District and Peak District are stunning, along with the Yorkshire Moors and Northumberland... Sounds like you've seen a sizeable chunk of the place already, though!

I only went to the US once for 8 days. Amazingly, I managed to see 9 states during that time! I saw a lot of the inside of a car but we still managed to squeeze in walking in the Smokey Mountains, a visit to Savannah, the Slave Museum, the Rock Eagle native American burial ground, a fish restaurant in Florida, the Brer Rabbit Museum, a dinosaur museum and a few other bits... phew! It was exhausting but fun! I hope to return one day and see the West coast...

I was never a big fan of LA/Southern CA, but Northern CA, Oregon, and Washington are beautiful. I always wanted to take the Pacific Coast Highway up the CA coast, then take US 101 up the Oregon/Washington coast. Probably a three day drive each way.

The one place I regret not visiting while in the UK was the Orkney Islands, particularly the former RN base at Scapa Flow. The plan was to take the ferry from Aberdeen, but the nice lady who owned the B&B where we stayed scared Mrs Duke, a notorious motion sickness sufferer, with her description of the trip. For some reason, she didn't buy my, "You stay in Aberdeen, I'll be back in a couple days." idea.

Reactions: Benway and RoseRed
Yes, I'd love to see Washington State and then go further up and into the Canadian Rockies. Jasper and Banff are calling to me... One day!

Yep, some of those crossings are hellish! The Scottish islands are not for the faint of heart. Poor Mrs. Duke :D

Reactions: Debi and Duke
Mine is a very genetic town. One main st and a secondary one that runs along the lake. It looks different now than when I was a kid. It is now more touristy. Several churches and a bowling alley. Very average for the time.