Deep growling noises (Please advice)

MysteriousFarmer

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I want to thank everyone for your replies to my previous post on here which can be found at:

But now I have to reach out again because I do not know what to do. It is currently 0:23 AM and about half an hour ago I recieved a phone call from my sister. Keep in mind that my sister is 30 years old, she is experienced with horses and we have lived on this farm our entire lives. When something is off, something is off.

My sister calls me and I say like "Whats up, whats wrong?"
"I'm in the stables, please you have to come"
"Why whats wrong? Are you okay?"
"Brother, I dont know what to do, please come im scared, you have to help!"

So not knowing what's going on, I rush to the stables from the main house and she is standing next to one of the horse boxes, with a pitchfork and with her flashlight, being pale as a ghost and giving me a terrified look. I ask her what's going on because, I still haven't gotten an explanation so I'm very confused if it's a rat or someone is trying to break in or what exactly is going on.

She explains to me that when she was about to head to bed (Her room is upstairs to the left of the stables, so typically she can hear the horses if they are banging around or something is wrong, so if they are noisy she goes to the stables, gives them something to eat to quiet them down) but she heard this growl coming from the stables. She assumed it was one of our old horses that was sick or maybe something else was going on, so like she always does, she went down there to check on them. She grabbed the pitchfork to grab them some hay, but when she entered the room, there was this loud deep growl that was echoing around her, and her first thought was that it was something IN the hay that would pounce out and attack her (Maybe a rabbid animal or something, something logical like that) but it just stopped. It wasn't one of the horses, it wasn't some animal to make that noise (In Denmark, we don't have wild animals like coyotes, bears, that could have made that growling)
So she just froze completely and she wasn't sure if she should run or scream, so her only reaction was to call me. And there we were.

Guys, I know my sister and she isn't easily scared and none in our family suffers from any mental issues. She. Was. Terrified. She was CRYING and TREMBLING. I didn't hear anything but my goodness I was scared standing out there in the dark stables, not knowing if the sound would come back or what would happen. So after calming her down, we went back inside, she grabbed her stuff from upstairs and is now sleeping in the living room. But I went back towards that side of the house to go to the bathroom just now, and on my way, I stopped for a moment to listen. My cat lying on the floor next to me, was looking towards her room and then I heard noises coming from her room. So I just turned off the lights, and left there in a hurry.

And here I am, back on this forum, to once again, asking for some advice and your thoughts on this. Please believe me when I say, none of this is made up, and she wasn't trying to make a joke of it. She was genuinely scared and I don't know what to do. I didn't personally hear it, but the way she described it, it was BAD.

Reactions: ozentity
Sorry you're back for this reason...would much rather just have you visit to enjoy the threads.

Farmer, be sure you are ruling out any and all other possible earthly reasons. Animals, plumbing, something stuck in the walls, etc. I don't know the usual stuff you have over there but you need to check all that out in the morning.

If you cannot find a mundane reason, you need to go back to the beginning of paranormal clean up. I will put that reference thread here for you again at the end of this post. Start with claiming your space...let it know it is your property and it is not welcome there. And remember, you have to be firm and committed to this. So does sis. Also remember it works off your fear and that of the animals. Stand your ground.

Try using some of the other ideas on the recommendation thread here. If you can't get it to stop, call in the pros.

I just looked up Danish wildlife, and see brown bears, wolves, foxes, and badgers. All four of those animals make growling sounds.

How easy would it be for animals to get into the stables? Is it open for animals of various sizes to get in? Have you considered getting game cameras to video inside the stables and/or its entry points? Even baby monitors would do the job.

I just looked up Danish wildlife, and see brown bears, wolves, foxes, and badgers. All four of those animals make growling sounds.

How easy would it be for animals to get into the stables? Is it open for animals of various sizes to get in? Have you considered getting game cameras to video inside the stables and/or its entry points? Even baby monitors would do the job.
Excellent ideas, Duke.

Hi Farmer,is your sister going through anything atm that could have stirred up any bad vibes around,assuming it isn't an animal of any kind?

Hi Farmer,is your sister going through anything atm that could have stirred up any bad vibes around,assuming it isn't an animal of any kind?

She is going through quite a bit, it could definitely have been that. But I can assure everyone in here, that it wasn't a bear or badger or anything of that sorts. There hasn't been reports of any here in the 25 years ive lived here lol

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
She is going through quite a bit, it could definitely have been that. But I can assure everyone in here, that it wasn't a bear or badger or anything of that sorts. There hasn't been reports of any here in the 25 years ive lived here lol
Then I'm left with telling you to follow the advice in that help thread. If sis has had stuff going on, whatever it is could have been attracted by the negative energy. Now is the time one must stand firm and say "GO! Not allowed here/not wanted here." Prayers are helpful to combat the energy, and if you can't get a resolution and it continues, you are left with clergy involvement or a paranormal team that agrees to help you get rid of it.

I also warn you both not to get hung up in the "what is it?" thought process. You don't need to know specifics. It's not supposed to be there...period. The more you look into trying to find "what" it is, the more it usually acts up and entrenches itself from the attention it's given. Focus on it leaving.

The point was, a video system could show you whatever it is, with both video and audio recordings regardless of whether it's a wolf or a werewolf.

Foxes can make some pretty extreme noises when mating too. Farmer we are not making light of this , just weeding out some possibilities. It would be so much better to find a natural cause for this. Did you investigate the area the noise was coming from? Was it coming from a hay pile? Or grain area?
Do I understand correctly that your home is above the stables? I’m trying to picture your situation.