Decoding Dreams

Who_Lou91

Reaction score
Hello all! I have been having a recurring dream, and I fully believe dreams are the strongest avenue for messages from the beyond. I believe someone is trying to tell me something, but I am unsure of what to think.

The dream starts with me getting into my truck (top of the line, saved for years to get it and I love it dearly) and driving toward the sunset.

I am in the passenger's seat, with no one behind the wheel. I get closer and closer to a stoplight, yet the truck never slows down, and I am unable to move to the driver's seat to gain control.

I never experience a crash, but I am pulled from the vehicle last second by my friend who is passed and he is always concerned, beginning to scold me for something. He says:

"Listen! Just stop!" Then his words fade to radio static and I fade away and wake up. Every time I have the dream I am in the passenger's seat, careening toward a different obstacle that I never crash into. He always saves me last moment and scolds me, I am just missing the message.

Any advice? Thanks in advance, love and light to all.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I moved your post to a better location for views and replies.

Dreams like this are normally trying to tell us something we already know. Have you considered the vehicle is your life and that you are not controlling where it's going? That would be a simplified interpretation, but a possible one. With the current chaos in the world around us right now, I'm not sure any of us feel in much control at times.

That would be my take on it too, Debi. When I dream of being in the passenger seat of a vehicle, I realize that I am letting go of my autonomy in certain areas of my life.

Lou, think of your friend who has passed. Think about some attributes of that friend, or a time in your life with that friend. These things may hold clues to what aspects of your life you are losing control over. Hope that helps!

I would say similar that you are in a situation that you have no control over. You can see the danger ahead even if you can't do anything about it.
This could be said for all of us at the moment with the current situation.

I think your friend is trying to act in a calming way to stop you worrying too much. I found it very mentally wearing to adjust to the situation but have now established a routine. Post gets quarantined for 4 days, grocery deliveries get longer or are disinfected if fridge items. I'm a bit more calm now I have a routine.

I agree with Debi. Get in the drivers seat of whatever is happening in your life. Your friend is telling you it’s not safe to not steer the car. You can see nobody’s driving but you stay in the passenger seat. Take the wheel I think is the message.

Who Lou.
Best internet name ever.
Nothing to add, but... sure seems like a lot going on here.
If you were going to have a powerful dream like that there is a good chance you can ask for clarification. The brain is on your side.
Most times.

Reactions: Who_Lou91 and Lynne
Who Lou.
Best internet name ever.
Nothing to add, but... sure seems like a lot going on here.
If you were going to have a powerful dream like that there is a good chance you can ask for clarification. The brain is on your side.
Most times.
Wise idea