Debi's Triangle UFO story

OK...here is the original post from back in 2013.

November 1999...over my house! Really, really large triangle with 3 lights underneath..It was just above tree top level (well, I do have some really tall trees) and it was larger than a football field. I swear to you all, the thing defied physics. It should not have been able to move so slowly. Absolutely no sound, but it felt like my body had an inner "thrum" or vibration. Metal taste like pennies. Watched it for well over 15 minutes before it slowly took off over the corn field and headed NW. I felt so much fear from this thing that I was actually frozen in place. I was afraid to move, afraid "it" might notice me. When it took off, it lit up the sky like 3 suns. Someone to the NW also saw it and called police and another neighbor also saw it. After checking my clock, I seem to have lost a little time, as it felt like 15 minutes but was actually longer. I actually wrote to Art Bell and he wrote back, telling me to report it, which I did., to Mufon. Two months later, my son saw the same type of craft as he was driving home. He stopped the car, got out for a minute, then decided getting back in the car was a wiser decision. I had always hoped to see a "Ufo", now I hope I never do again. It felt downright creepy evil. Once again, I live near a National Guard base and I'm used to seeing the different planes coming and going, plus the airspace over my house is considered military airspace only. So, I've always wondered if there was a connection. Both sightings occurred about 11:30PM.

I have no fear of the paranormal. None*. I will walk into rooms, buildings, cold spots, or energy fields. I will stand toe to toe with any entity and I do not run from possible cryptids. I will not and have not hesitated to challenge any entity, or to poke, prod or generally annoy things people call up in rituals or via Ouija boards. BUT

The mere notion of UFOs is utterly terrifying to me. So much so that I feel uneasy in desolate areas under open skies (no, not agoraphobia) and I seek cover from low-flying aircraft or helicopters. During my trips out West I scheduled my driving to never take place at night.

I have seen phenomena in the skies. Only once, though, can I definitively say I saw an object I couldn't explain, but it was fairly distant, and if its movement didn't seem to defy physics I'd be skeptical of even that. (oddly enough, I felt no fear then, just fascination). But if there was a large triangle craft over my house, I will say here and now, feeling no shame and fearing no ridicule, that I'd dissolve right into a quivering pudding.

*That was not always the case. I most certainly ran [biked] from the only possible cryptid I ever encountered.Some of this obviously for dramatic effect. :)

Your profile says you're south of Indy. That's a lot of farmland out that way, if I'm not much mistaken. I've been to Indy a few times for Gencon.

Reactions: ghostkind
Your profile says you're south of Indy. That's a lot of farmland out that way, if I'm not much mistaken. I've been to Indy a few times for Gencon.
Oh yes....I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by corn fields! lol You have probably run into my gang of boys at Gencon. My middle son and his friends (all just turnd 40 in that crowd) usually go every year.

Ronin, I will reiterate....I do NOT want to see another one. That sighting left me with a feeling of "all wrong". Just set me on edge for months and I'm not an easy one to shake up. I deal with spirits/ghosts/paranormal stuff all the time and I'm just fine with that. This was different.

I've made comment before that perhaps that feeling was caused by whatever they use as engines on that thing. EMF? Whatever it is, I don't want to go through that again.

Oh yes....I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by corn fields! lol You have probably run into my gang of boys at Gencon. My middle son and his friends (all just turnd 40 in that crowd) usually go every year.

Ronin, I will reiterate....I do NOT want to see another one. That sighting left me with a feeling of "all wrong". Just set me on edge for months and I'm not an easy one to shake up. I deal with spirits/ghosts/paranormal stuff all the time and I'm just fine with that. This was different.

I've made comment before that perhaps that feeling was caused by whatever they use as engines on that thing. EMF? Whatever it is, I don't want to go through that again.

I can't say how good an idea this is, but it might be interesting as an experience related to your sighting. My long-term teenage job was with the Tennessean (Nashville newspaper). If you're able to, see if you can get a tour of whatever large newspaper is in Indy and ask them to let you see the press room as they're running. The amount of energy pouring off those machines into the air is unbelievable and may hearken back to energy coming out of engines strong enough to allow a craft to hover.

Or you could tell me to take a flying leap :)

I can't say how good an idea this is, but it might be interesting as an experience related to your sighting. My long-term teenage job was with the Tennessean (Nashville newspaper). If you're able to, see if you can get a tour of whatever large newspaper is in Indy and ask them to let you see the press room as they're running. The amount of energy pouring off those machines into the air is unbelievable and may hearken back to energy coming out of engines strong enough to allow a craft to hover.

Or you could tell me to take a flying leap :)
I'll go ya one better here. It is close to the slight disorientation one feels in an MRI machine. X's 100. Giant magnets in those machines. (Retired nurse here. and now frequent patient.)

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I'll go ya one better here. It is close to the slight disorientation one feels in an MRI machine. X's 100. Giant magnets in those machines. (Retired nurse here. and now frequent patient.)

I'll keep that in mind. I've never had an MRI myself, so I don't have a basis for comparison. I'm 47, though, so it's probably not too far off :)

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Here's an investigation by the New York Post into triangular UFOs. They've got a new series now that started a few weeks ago (this is the third episode). They've actually got a really got photo of one of them, and you can see the body of the aircraft with the three lights and one in the middle. I've never seen anything like it.

Debi, I like your UFO story. I probably would be scared too. I've imagined what it would be like if a UFO came at night, and I'd be afraid it would see me too. I'd like to be able to get my video camera, but at 3:00am they would definitely notice me! I'd be the only one outside. There have been sightings of the triangle UFO in my hometown, too, and one family got it on video. They chased it with their car around town, and finally tracked it down to a parking lot (at night). The lights get bigger and turn red, then the video cuts out.

I wouldn't like the evil, creepy feeling you got, Debi. It seems like they're dangerous, or up to no good; or at least keeping a lot secret. I wish I knew what they were and why they're here. If there wasn't such a stigma, the U.S. government could do more about investigating them. Other countries' governments are more open to studying this phenomenon, like England and Belgium appear to be.

Here's an investigation by the New York Post into triangular UFOs. They've got a new series now that started a few weeks ago (this is the third episode). They've actually got a really got photo of one of them, and you can see the body of the aircraft with the three lights and one in the middle. I've never seen anything like it.

This was a good video. Thanks !!

Reactions: Philosophicus