Dean Koontz new book out

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Big Sky by Koontz is now available. I got it on Kindle Unlimited for free and am on chapter 19. So far it's been a good read! If you like paranormal books, this is turning into a pretty good one.

The Big Sky by Koontz is now available. I got it on Kindle Unlimited for free and am on chapter 19. So far it's been a good read! If you like paranormal books, this is turning into a pretty good one.
Can you tell me what you like about Deam Koontz paranormal stories? I read a couple and I was not impressed, he does not seem to to his research, but it has been years since I read anything and can't remember which one it was. Did he write a book called Audry Rose?

Can you tell me what you like about Deam Koontz paranormal stories? I read a couple and I was not impressed, he does not seem to to his research, but it has been years since I read anything and can't remember which one it was. Did he write a book called Audry Rose?
I'm selective in his books. Well, I'm selective in all my books, actually. Don't recall one named Audry Rose.

I enjoy his good vs. evil books. Since it's fiction, I don't worry a lot about "research" and just go for the story. The last one I read was called "Quicksilver" and was an enjoyable read. This one seems to have a touch of Quantum Physics involved, and so far is just relaxing and fun to read. In fiction I'm going for the fun, not anything that makes my brain hurt trying to figure it out! lol We'll call it my escape from reality time.

I'm selective in his books. Well, I'm selective in all my books, actually. Don't recall one named Audry Rose.

I enjoy his good vs. evil books. Since it's fiction, I don't worry a lot about "research" and just go for the story. The last one I read was called "Quicksilver" and was an enjoyable read. This one seems to have a touch of Quantum Physics involved, and so far is just relaxing and fun to read. In fiction I'm going for the fun, not anything that makes my brain hurt trying to figure it out! lol We'll call it my escape from reality time.
When I want to escape I read Jim Butcher and Dick Francis. :)

Reactions: Selectric and Debi
When I want to escape I read Jim Butcher and Dick Francis. :)
My husband reads 3 books a week...lol I used to but I'm normally here "doing".

Sounds like you enjoy the thrillers!

Reactions: JahaRa
My husband reads 3 books a week...lol I used to but I'm normally here "doing".

Sounds like you enjoy the thrillers!
I like mysteries and fantasy. Dick Francis isn't thrillers, more like quick murder mysteries. Jim Butcher is kind of like a thriller but has lots of fantasy elements and I like how his mythical characters are developed, like 3 kinds of vampires, some pretty weird stuff from the oceans, the fae and gnomes, etc. And my favorite is his bigfoot friend.

Reactions: Debi and Selectric
I've read a few Koontz books and they were good until the end. Always seems the endings are rushed or deflated or predictable (at least the ones i have read thus far).

Reactions: JahaRa and Lynne
That wasn't one of his.

the paranormal lends itself to being a good topic for fiction, in itself the paranormal IS fiction in that it still cannot be proven.... and theres a so called "expert" on every side to express their views on whatever topic is being discussed at the moment. as long as a writer stays with the base of decided topic and follows a short list of accepted knowns, he/she can get away with a fair amount of artistic liberties to fit their story line... research can usually find whatever theory needed to fit the setting, even if it is one we dont agree with