Daylight Saving Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
It's that "time" again. This weekend we move "time" ahead by springing forward with the clocks. For something we supposedly have no control over, we certainly appear to move it around at will!

Apparently, there are some consequences to us doing this, however.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a.../04/health-effects-daylight-savings-time.aspx

There are health and money impacts from shifting ourselves around in time. Which begs the question, should we really be doing this? And is it really necessary? Do you like the Daylight Saving Time move twice a year, or would you be fine with staying on your current "time line"?

I'd prefer we discontinue DST. It served a purpose once, but today it's more an inconvenience than anything. The world turned just fine before we began the practice.

original.jpg

I've noticed that my dogs and the outside birds don't change their time! Schedules for them remain the same, no matter what the clock says! When we used to travel, hubs had a terrible time with changing to Zulu time. We hit a 3 hour time difference one time and although it was only 7PM Zulu, he was in bed on his "home" time of 10PM. AND of course he was up at an ungodly hour locally the next morning!!!

Reactions: surge
It's that "time" again. This weekend we move "time" ahead by springing forward with the clocks. For something we supposedly have no control over, we certainly appear to move it around at will!

Apparently, there are some consequences to us doing this, however.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a.../04/health-effects-daylight-savings-time.aspx

There are health and money impacts from shifting ourselves around in time. Which begs the question, should we really be doing this? And is it really necessary? Do you like the Daylight Saving Time move twice a year, or would you be fine with staying on your current "time line"?
Great. I'm not exhausted enough from this workweek already. I need to get shortchanged an hour of sleep. :mad:

Reactions: surge and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.