Dark Matter: Art Bell interviews Richard C. Hoagland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion, but I wish Dick was not a guest on Art's new show - especially the first week. I know they go way back, but I just don't buy Dick's claims. He sees faces, structures, and artifacts I have never been able to see. All of his grainy shots look like rocks or erosion to me. For YEARS he's done his teasers about new revelations coming out, and then nothing ever comes of it. That and the Dick sees a conspiracy in EVERYTHING - talk about paranoid. Just my two cents, but the "science advisor" is a little too far out there on his stories.

I'm ok with Hoagie.... I like to hear about the stuff (not that I believe in it) Professor, I do agree with you though... it all looks like erosion to me too! I joined a group on FB that is big at examining this stuff. The pictures that they post!!! OMG!!! I'm in the group pretty much to just laugh at what all is posted! They will look so hard at any pic of mars there is... and zooooooom way in on it. The stuff that they "think" or "believe" they see is BRUTAL! It all is just a bunch of rocks to me. The group is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlienLife.NevT/

Reactions: Naked Apple
Just my opinion, but I wish Dick was not a guest on Art's new show - especially the first week. I know they go way back, but I just don't buy Dick's claims. He sees faces, structures, and artifacts I have never been able to see. All of his grainy shots look like rocks or erosion to me. For YEARS he's done his teasers about new revelations coming out, and then nothing ever comes of it. That and the Dick sees a conspiracy in EVERYTHING - talk about paranoid. Just my two cents, but the "science advisor" is a little too far out there on his stories.
OK, let's get the obvious out of the way. He is a good looking man. With great hair. Now, as far as his claims, I believed them once, but these days, Hoaxie seems to blow hot air. Having said that, however, he is an intelligent man and the repartee between him and Art tonight is worth tuning in for.

Reactions: GLJ
I'm ok with Hoagie.... I like to hear about the stuff (not that I believe in it) Professor, I do agree with you though... it all looks like erosion to me too! I joined a group on FB that is big at examining this stuff. The pictures that they post!!! OMG!!! I'm in the group pretty much to just laugh at what all is posted! They will look so hard at any pic of mars there is... and zooooooom way in on it. The stuff that they "think" or "believe" they see is BRUTAL! It all is just a bunch of rocks to me. The group is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlienLife.NevT/
Thanks for the link David, I'll check it out.

To me, the anomalies he sees are like EVP's. If you want to hear an EVP badly enough, I think you'll hear one. That's not to say I haven't heard some really convincing EVP's but a lot of them I don't hear what they're claiming. Same with the structures on Mars. I think if you can convince yourself you see a face, but you can see faces in clouds too, it doesn't mean there really is a face there.

Reactions: Zoxo
OK, let's get the obvious out of the way. He is a good looking man. With great hair. Now, as far as his claims, I believed them once, but these days, Hoaxie seems to blow hot air. Having said that, however, he is an intelligent man and the repartee between him and Art tonight is worth tuning in for.
LOL! His hair is noteworthy. It always reminds me of a nice big cloud formation. BelleStarr, you're the resident weather expert so we'll make you our "Weather Adviser". What type of cloud formation does Dick's hair most represent?

I agree Nekki, it will be worth listening to. With the other host, Dick would always take control of the interview a lot of the time, so it will be nice to have a good host who can keep Dick in check.

With the other host, Dick would always take control of the interview a lot of the time, so it will be nice to have a good host who can keep Dick in check.

My favorite part of a Hoaxie interview is when he slaps down the dumb as a box of rocks host. Hey Roy, if you kicked a feather and a piano, which would go farther? LOL

My favorite part of a Hoaxie interview is when he slaps down the dumb as a box of rocks host. Hey Roy, if you kicked a feather and a piano, which would go farther? LOL
LOL! That depends - Is it an evil piano? Is the feather from an angel?

I met Richard once on campus at Cal Poly in '94ish. I found him to be an amiable and decent man. He was promoting The Face On Mars.

Status
Not open for further replies.