Dark Matter 11/4-Art Bell Interviews Graham Hancock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Art's full statement from facebook:

"Sometimes when you are "all in" you win, sometimes lose. By mutual agreement Dark Matter will no longer air as of tonight."

"I started the show with the expectation that my listener's would be able to stream the show since most were coming from AM.

They started the thirty day trial and found that it was dropping out on them every few minutes. After the 30 day trial most did not renew, why would they? Faced with paying about $180 bucks a Year for something that was not working right, what would you do? So I lost my base.

My show is based on call in, if all I am left with is Truck drivers with cell phones going down the road at 70 MPH, well you get the idea. So I asked Sirius to allow free streaming for a Year until they could fix their problems and they said no. The show was simply not viable under these conditions. - Art"

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBellsDarkMatter

Actually the above listed Facebook page is associated with the person who pirated the program and placed it on Youtube.
That is true, but it is Art's statement from before he deleted his page earlier. I saw it before it was deleted.

Greetings

I am Bruce R Morgan .A field researcher of the paranormal since 1975 .I am also a movie producer .

I just want to wish the best for Mr Art Bell no matter what .

In the history of talk radio which is ground breaking , he made more headway in the serious discussion of the unknown than all the other hosts.

I have listened to rebroadcasts of Long John Nebel in New York on WOR radio ,it was called the "party line"in the 1950's -1960's.

Later came Bill Jenkins with "Open Mind " in the 1980's

I believe Art Bell was serious about his discussions of perception research -his talks with Ingo Swann are ground breaking .

There were other shows which I was less inclined to respects --BUT FOLKS -THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT !

I am inspired by Art Bell to start my own pod cast next year based on my paranormal research ,so I owe Art Bell some gratitude for the inspiration.

Thank you Art !

When Art came back I felt so happy ,I just thought it was too good to be true .

Now I am just wistful about how business or maybe health issues can stop a great show.

I am not in anyway disrespectful of Coast to Coast ,they may survive as the only nationally syndicated live broadcast on the paranormal subject matters .

If we lose them , we lose a right to assemble on the airwaves and compare notes about the unexplained .

I am very concerned about that .

Good luck to everyone and

God Bless Art Bell for his fine achievements .

Regards

Bruce R Morgan

producer of "Project Lodestar Sagas " a movie series to be released in 2014

I too am an Art Bell fan from the 90's. I am devastated about this. Buying the Sirius radio and now having to pay monthly, or get charged $75 to cancel. Since I've listened to Art for so many years, I could just tell something was wrong. It was not his old self on those shows. I noted sarcasm in his voice and just "not right", if you know what I mean. Then, I forget what night it was he said he had an announcement to make, but I never heard that announcement. Guess this was it.
Art, you have quit us too many time now. If you are really doing this again, don't lead us on anymore. You have broken our hearts enough for one lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.