Dark Matter 11/4-Art Bell Interviews Graham Hancock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about this situation and it just does not sit right , making the announcement that Sirius could allow 4 hrs streaming free of charge , and then news about leaving ...is it true or a hoax ? Dark Matter can you confirm this about Art leaving ? This planet is becoming too boring to stay around, maybe its time for me to go home !

I wish I could say I am surprised that Art has quit AGAIN. Still a slap in the face to his fans ans those of us who worked to promote Dark Matter.
*****THIS IS NUTS!!!***** I was so happy when Art came back I can't stand that Noory. Now back to YT for Arts old shows. Dammit!!!

in one of the forms recently, someone mentioned a small talk show that grabbed my attention.... but apparently not enough for me to have remember the name. One of Art's guests was apparentlyon both shows recently. I should have written the name down.
It might be Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis. He's not Art, but he is definitely not Snoory either ... I like what he does, more paranormal than Snoory, less paranoid than Alex Jones. :)

I've been wanting to contribute to this forum for awhile...mostly a lurker here. I guess this is a good opportunity.

I fear this isn't just a hack, but a real re-re-re-re-retirement. I guess I got the bad vibe when he skipped a night due to a "bad back." I dunno how many of you all were around at the end of the 90s/beginning of the 2000's, but every time he had to leave due to problems with his son, with legal issues, or with an argument with the network, it always seemed like he used the bad back excuse. When I heard him use "bad back" recently, I believed to myself that something was probably amiss.

I've been a die hard fan since the early/mid 90s....but, you know, I think it's time to call it quits. You can only put so much faith in a rusted out Nova that keeps quitting every time you hop in it for a trip to the grocery. Art had a great run and made radio history...we romanticized a comeback, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards. GRRRR.....

I feel sorry for the people who invested in new radios, etc. though.

2"]I've been wanting to contribute to this forum for awhile...mostly a lurker here. I guess this is a good opportunity.

I fear this isn't just a hack, but a real re-re-re-re-retirement. I guess I got the bad vibe when he skipped a night due to a "bad back." I dunno how many of you all were around at the end of the 90s/beginning of the 2000's, but every time he had to leave due to problems with his son, with legal issues, or with an argument with the network, it always seemed like he used the bad back excuse. When I heard him use "bad back" recently, I believed to myself that something was probably amiss.

I've been a die hard fan since the early/mid 90s....but, you know, I think it's time to call it quits. You can only put so much faith in a rusted out Nova that keeps quitting every time you hop in it for a trip to the grocery. Art had a great run and made radio history...we romanticized a comeback, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards. GRRRR.....

I feel sorry for the people who invested in new radios, etc. though.[/quote]
I also remember when the "bad back issues kept him from broadcasting. I'm a Nurse & have had actual SURGERY to help with my back issues, so I never put much stock in that excuse.
Unfortunately, some put Art on this God like pedestal. ..was strange to see some behave like groupies. Sure, I ADORE his style & shows, & have listened to him since Dreamland & the inception of C2C. But, his many retirements were a turn off.
That being said, I would gladly pay for a Streamlink type fee to listen to him if he chooses to continue on his site.

I also was thinking about all this during the govt shutdown when Art kept saying how he was going to take his money and run. Such statements made me feel like he was not very committed to this program.

You all are right though.... It is amazing he still had such a large following remaining after his last departure. So many of us were Art Bell evangelists. When I first got word of Art's return, I began telling my friends and getting them all excited. It was funny, they were excited for me because they knew I was such a big fan. I had several friends listen to his programs on a few occasions and generated a little bit of excitement with them. I think I'm done as well. Certainly I won't be moving to George Snory....just can't do that.

It's funny, I've long considered hopping into the talk seat myself. Twelve years ago I did a bit of online streaming and loved it...but it requires alot of time.

Go for it !

Status
Not open for further replies.