Dark Matter 10/8 - Art Bell interviews John Hogue

Discussion in 'October 2013' started by Shadow, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Zoxo

Zoxo
    Expand Collapse

Thankfully I don't have to deal with that problem any more... I just don't listen to him any longer :p

I've only been listening to the KING of late night radio re-runs since Jan! (that's when my streamlink ended)

Seahunter likes this.
  2. Armand

Armand
    Expand Collapse
    Dilectis Dei
    Tier-1 Mod

Penn Jillette: We'll play along. This Antichrist—what do we call him?
    John Hogue: [Consulting his own book] This one is called "Mabus", m-a-b-u-s. There are a couple of ways to decode that word. M-a-b-u-s, uuh, reversed, which is a common practice in the 16th century, becomes "Subam". If you can then, uh, always replace one letter with another…
    Penn Jillette: Who says you can do that!?
    John Hogue: …the "u", the "a"; Saddam.
    Penn Jillette: ...as in Saddam Hussein. But what's this about moving letters around?
    James Randi: The rule of dropping a letter out or adding a letter is something invented by the Nostradamians, because if you add or subtract a letter, or add and subtract a letter to any word, you can make it into almost anything you want, if you move it around enough.
    Penn Jillette: …which is exactly what this whackjob is doing! Ladies and gentlemen, this is the very definition of bullshit.

3. Insane Prophet

Insane Prophet
    Expand Collapse

I only had to get as far as John Hogue to stop reading....

HogueProphecy.com | Blog, books and media on Nostradamus, global warming, prophecy, politics, and the science of meditation and evolution.

John Hogue: Really bad prophet | SkepticReport

Pen Jillette is right..."whack job!"

4. Bob Bain

Bob Bain
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Founder
    Staff

I disagree.
    John Hogue is one of the most intelligent people that I've had the pleasure of spending time with.
    His life experiences are very interesting. Being a superforecaster, as John is, there are obviously going to be those who want to discredit the work he's done through the years. Saying that John is a whack job is like saying your meteorologist is a whack job.

Just because we cannot understand the methods used, and just because their forecast may not always be accurate...does not mean their forecasts aren't useful.

Paintman likes this.