Dangerous Paranormal Devices ?

Walking Goose

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I had an experience with the paranormal about 8 years ago that I would love to hear what others think about t, Or what has happened to them.
So I had a relative who wanted to go ghost hunting in a big way. I watched a few ghost shows back then but not like now. I knew nothing about it and thought it would be fun. My partner in this suggested we buy some ghost hunting equipment so we could join a local group which advertised their exploits. I was kind of scared of the whole thing to be honest so was holding back a little. We ordered something called the ghost hunter pro off of amazon then the obvious bad ideas started coming. She came over after they came and said lets try them out. I said ok . We went to a friends house and used them and they worked great. Some very dosturbing and strong hits on both of them. We left and thought nothing of it until a few days later the person whose house agreed for us to try it out on complained of stuff going missing and he having bad dreams!. He has the house blessed and smudged the crop out of it and things went back to normal. IYO does th use of paranormal devices encourage paranormal things to happen,both good and bad.

Whether an emf detector, a flashlight on the table, or a shot glass and a scrabble bourd they are all being used for the same intent, to open a doorway....so regardless of the method the result is the same. The good thing about the old ways was that these doors could be closed, that isn't taught or focused on with the modern wannabes and that is where it can get interesting...lol....in my opinion, all investigations should start with a prayer of protection and surrounding yourself with white light....but that's just my silly self, and why I don't hunt spirits...lol...I'm sure others could give better thoughts on this though.

Last edited:
IYO does th use of paranormal devices encourage paranormal things to happen,both good and bad.
As said I don't think it's anything to do with the device, only the belief it will work. I always think of negative entities being brought forth rather than good stuff and that's why I don't get into it.

One has to remember that modern, electronic paranormal gear is almost all really just common devices that have been adapted to the paranormal field. EMF detectors are used by the tens of thousands all over the world every day by technicians in many fields. Security cameras are ubiquitous and have been for decades. SLS cameras are just XBox cameras running new software. EVPs are as old as Thomas Edison. The way I understand physics, we can detect whatever-it-is that we are detecting because they are emitting energy that the gear is sensitive to. They are working to some extant in the real world that we live in, or at least some bleed-over from their dimension is detectable here. Whatever the mechanism, there is some information transfer that is detectable.

I would also tend to agree that frame of mind plays probably the biggest part of how any particular individual is affected by the paranormal. People with special gifts such as Empaths and other types of Mediums are probably more likely, without needing any gizmos, to be beacons in the paranormal realms. But I'm just speculating. We haven't felt threatened or overwhelmed yet, but there's always a first time.

Needless to say I am not a Ghost Hunter by any stretch of the imagination. I agree with the prayer and shutting the door too. I was just new to the whole thing and the other one was too. Now I know better but that device really worked well. I didnt know what was going on in the place where we visited and it was in innocent unknowing that we looked but I agree with others. I am curious as to hear others experiences . I just watched Holzer Files and the guy named Shane that investigates had a near possession happen to him! I Spoke with a friend yesterday about this and she stated that in Korea it is believed that the longer a ghost stays in this world the more evil it becomes. I mean really stays, not visits once in a great while. That would explain the bad experiences with these things sometimes and not others.

Needless to say I am not a Ghost Hunter by any stretch of the imagination. I agree with the prayer and shutting the door too. I was just new to the whole thing and the other one was too. Now I know better but that device really worked well. I didnt know what was going on in the place where we visited and it was in innocent unknowing that we looked but I agree with others. I am curious as to hear others experiences . I just watched Holzer Files and the guy named Shane that investigates had a near possession happen to him! I Spoke with a friend yesterday about this and she stated that in Korea it is believed that the longer a ghost stays in this world the more evil it becomes. I mean really stays, not visits once in a great while. That would explain the bad experiences with these things sometimes and not others.
it was a good question, i like hearing others ideas also. the "ghost hunting" field is pretty much dictated by what ppl see on tv and in the entertainment business, from how groups are ran, structure etc... so any thinking outside the box can be a good thing if serious about finding the "truth"... if everyone thinks and does the same thing then it becomes stagnant and cant grow. from the entertainment and tv viewpoint, every group has to have a psychic. but can a psychic actually interfere with the electronic equipment??, causing false readings?. empaths can actually project, as well as receive energies. an advanced empath can manipulate energy they recieve and use it for their own will. energy is neither bad nor good, it just "is". most ppl who claim to be empaths will never understand what they are actually capable of, but when frightened or panicked they can unknowingly have these type moments. this is why i would say all empaths need a good guide. just as knowing the equipment and the precautions to take, a psychic should also know their abilities and how to control them before entering such a field. the paranormal field, while some try to be professional and straight up, there are still many frauds and fakes, especially when it comes to the psychic side of things.

Last edited:
Many good concerns. I think the serious investigators have taken everything into account and done their own risk assessment.

At some point you have to decide to either step into it and find out for yourself, or step back and let others lead the way. We decided a couple of years ago to step in and go for it, but it wasn't on a lark. It was the culmination of a lot of preparation and thought.

Goose, I have no idea what happened in your case, it may have been just a coincidence of timing, or if it was a true paranormal event, it might have happened even without the spirit device. Who knows?

Even ordinary flashlights are used as paranormal communications tools, I doubt people have to have clear thoughts only when using them, to avoid danger.

I highly doubt using modern gear increases one's chance of "opening a door" that can't be closed. I would be more concerned with the frame of mind of those participating. People actually worried about it happening to them probably shouldn't be attending investigations.

Last edited:
It may be a good idea for the sake of clarity, to separate modern electronic equipment used in paranormal investigations, from séances & Ouija boards.

The modern equipment is largely passive, just recording what is already in the environment.

Seances and Ouija boards work by actually channeling entities through the minds and bodies of the participants.

I have no fear using my electronic gear, yet I would never participate in a séance or use a Ouija board. Those are what open doors, IMO.

It may be a good idea for the sake of clarity, to separate modern electronic equipment used in paranormal investigations, from séances & Ouija boards.

The modern equipment is largely passive, just recording what is already in the environment.

Seances and Ouija boards work by actually channeling entities through the minds and bodies of the participants.

I have no fear using my electronic gear, yet I would never participate in a séance or use a Ouija board. Those are what open doors, IMO.
very fine line between some of these ways though. if you are using a recorder for contact. you are opening the door for contact, same as with the old ways. if you ask for a "sign", a knock, an interaction you are opening that door. not realizing this is what can cause trouble for some, sure there are new ways but that dousnt make the precautions to take beforehand any different. just in my personal opinion of course. everyone will do it their own way, regardless of WHAT you are using, a board or a recorder, contact is invited...these are just tools. you are the source