Cryptid reproduction a problem?

tribute22

Reaction score
At least with humans you need a genetic diversity among the population to prevent too many births that end up in physical and/or mental deformities. Almost all the reports of cryptids I have read seem to indicate that there are not many of them living near each other which, I think, would cause a major problem in whether or not their species could continue and avoid mental/physical deformities. Theoretically, wouldn't almost all cryptids have died out by now due to that problem (low population density=reproductive problems)?

At least with humans you need a genetic diversity among the population to prevent too many births that end up in physical and/or mental deformities. Almost all the reports of cryptids I have read seem to indicate that there are not many of them living near each other which, I think, would cause a major problem in whether or not their species could continue and avoid mental/physical deformities. Theoretically, wouldn't almost all cryptids have died out by now due to that problem (low population density=reproductive problems)?
IF you believe they are of this dimension only and purely physical beings.

Reactions: Selectric
You bring up an interesting point however it is based on the idea that there are very few. If you look at a map of the number of sightings just in the United States and Canada, you would be shocked. There seems to be a pretty big population of them. We forget how big this country really is and how much is unpopulated wood lands. There is also the massive cave systems all over the US. Now if you add in the fact that these creatures may travel and migrate, they would have a diverse enough genome to keep a viable continuance of the species.

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: Selectric and Debi
Yet the sighting reports continue.

Which is one reason why I think they are coming in or being brought in from elsewhere. Their lifespans may also be much longer than we are accustomed to.

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
You bring up an interesting point however it is based on the idea that there are very few. If you look at a map of the number of sightings just in the United States and Canada, you would be shocked. There seems to be a pretty big population of them. We forget how big this country really is and how much is unpopulated wood lands. There is also the massive cave systems all over the US. Now if you add in the fact that these creatures may travel and migrate, they would have a diverse enough genome to keep a viable continuance of the species.
1670358763506.png

here is a map of sightings in 2020 for the United States alone. Amazing!

Reactions: Selectric
Think the map is only for BF sightings, right Lynne? That doesn't take into account of all the other types.