Cryptid raccoon-like sighting

I am going with the simplest answer here, it was a really big raccoon. The largest on record was 75 lbs. The average is under 35 lbs. and generally under 38 inches long including the tail, but we know there is always the exception and a big one may be exactly what they saw. Their sizing may have been a bit exaggerated if they got scared by it.
that's called Occam's Razor

If Occam’s razor brings to mind images of stubbled gentlemen and shaving cream, you’re not actually that far off! Occam’s razor (also known as the ‘law of parsimony’) is a philosophical tool for ‘shaving off’ unlikely explanations. Essentially, when faced with competing explanations for the same phenomenon, the simplest is likely the correct one.Namesake William of Occam said the best explanation of any phenomenon is the one that makes the fewest assumptions. A statement that includes many ‘ifs’ should trigger mental alarm bells: you should consider Occam’s razor and investigate it further.

Reactions: Lynne
great dane size raccoons, man eating rabbits, a volcano full of sharks........the world is sounding like a bad sci-fi movie more and more every day
When we were kids my dad talked about wanting to get a raccoon. (I know?!! so random but I was all for it.) We found someone who wanted to sell their racoon,so we jumped in the car and went to see it. When we got there,we saw that the raccoon had no fur on it's tail! It looked like a opossum with goggles! The owner said mr raccoon had not been feeling well (Ya think?!!) but his tail would grow back.He was
"nearly certain". We looked at each other and backed out slowly . The tale of the tail was spoken of no more

Reactions: Lynne