Creature Features

Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, and Night Gallery - they all freaked me out.

In Southern California, in the late 60s, we used to have "Moona Lisa". She was a less campy version of Elvira.

There was a C2C guest a while back who wrote a book on horror film hosts who talked a good bit about Moona. What surprised me was she was allowed to perform as the Moona character while still holding down her gig as a newscaster on the same station. Doubt that would happen today.

Reactions: Debi and T-Bob
There was a C2C guest a while back who wrote a book on horror film hosts who talked a good bit about Moona. What surprised me was she was allowed to perform as the Moona character while still holding down her gig as a newscaster on the same station. Doubt that would happen today.

Yes, and she ended up doing that gig at TV stations in three different large cities.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Erv Coppi was one of the early ones I remember, for WSIU, a Public TV station in Carbondale, IL. He had no special gag......but he was still great. KBSI, Cape Girardeau, MO. had Misty Brew, an Elvira wannabe, and M.T. Graves, at one time.

Erv Coppi was one of the early ones I remember, for WSIU, a Public TV station in Carbondale, IL. He had no special gag......but he was still great. KBSI, Cape Girardeau, MO. had Misty Brew, an Elvira wannabe, and M.T. Graves, at one time.

I’ve been to Cape Girardeau, T.

That was the first place I’d ever seen pink and red lightning.

Reactions: T-Bob